No announcement yet.

B52 follow up. It's fixed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I have both of these at my house (B-52 and 5150)
    completely different sounding amps.
    I don't know If "stomping all over it" would be what I'd say.
    I think the 5150 has more of a "Marshall" type "middy" sound to it and the B-52 has more of a Dual Recto sound to it.
    when I run them together in stereo it sounds huge.
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
      Well I have both of these at my house (B-52 and 5150)
      completely different sounding amps.
      I don't know If "stomping all over it" would be what I'd say.
      I think the 5150 has more of a "Marshall" type "middy" sound to it and the B-52 has more of a Dual Recto sound to it.
      when I run them together in stereo it sounds huge.
      Fuck man, I bet that does sounds killer!

Comment

Originally posted by soc_monki View Post
        hmmm im gonna have to jam with my buddy Goolash and see if his B52 will rape my 5150...im thinking your other guitar player didnt have his mids up enough LOL but im willing to go head to head with my buddy and his B52 to see what happens itll be a fun noise making session! LOL

glad youre liking that B52...it really is a cool amp, and very affordable!

We will and it will be fun, I doubt the B-52 will over take the 5150, both are loud but the 5150 has more high end cut( the way you like it LOL).

Our soon to be bass player is really a guitar player, and he has a Crate gt half stack. Kevin(drummer) told me when he would play with him he would have trouble hearing him. With my quarter stack, he said he has never had a trouble hearing me when we play. But, that could simply the difference in tube and solid state.

Comment

Originally posted by Goolash View Post
          We will and it will be fun, I doubt the B-52 will over take the 5150, both are loud but the 5150 has more high end cut( the way you like it LOL).

Our soon to be bass player is really a guitar player, and he has a Crate gt half stack. Kevin(drummer) told me when he would play with him he would have trouble hearing him. With my quarter stack, he said he has never had a trouble hearing me when we play. But, that could simply the difference in tube and solid state.
          or just the way an amp is set up...a lot of people kill the mids man...put them on 0. but that just doesnt work in a full band. 2 reasons i have my mids so high...1) i like the way it sounds and 2) it works better with a band.

same two reasons i play with as little gain as i can get away with...i like the sound better and it cuts better in a full band LOL i cant tell you how many people would sound so much better if they turned down their gain and turned up their mids. mostly this is a younger musician's mistake though. i know i did it back in the day!

once i saw a metal band...they were good and tight, but they needed tone help BADLY. they had a LOT of bass and gain on the guitars, with NO mids...all thump and mud, and the bass guitar couldnt be heard at all. it was like And Justice for All...no point in having a bassist the guys could play though...but the tone was horrible LOL
          My metal band Lucian Scott
          Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
          Available Now!
          New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

Working...
          X