need reverb pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need reverb pedal

as some of you know i have an emg equipped rr and a 5150, needless to say the sound is really tight,

i need a good reverb pedal for under 100.00,
    i don't know much about reverb pedals or delay pedals so bear with me,

i need something to smooth out my shred tones and add a little depth. also, i don't want it to fvck with my tone.

thanks for taking the time for reading this guys i appreciate it.

your friend,
    lordus

For under $100, there is always the EH Holy Grail. I think it sounds fantastic in a loop. Some folks are not so impressed, but I think it mixes more naturally with a guitar amp than even my Lexicon stuff.

Comment

I don´t use reverb pedals myself, but I´ve tried the T-Rex Room-Mate and it was one of the best reverbs I´ve ever heard. I don´t have any idea how much it´d cost you, though... chances are you´d have to pony up way more than a hundred bucks... but it definitely was killer!

But on the other hand, a hundred bucks would easily get you anything from the major manufacturers... BOSS, DigiTech, DOD etc.

Comment

o.k. update, suggest any reverb pedal reguardless of price.

cmon peeps i need some verb!! lol

Comment

Boss RV-3 Reverb & Delay pedal ebay ($100+) - Boss RV-5 just Reverb ebay ($80+) and the Visual Sounds H2o Chorus & Delay ebay ($100+).

Comment

Ooh, I like the Visual Sound H2O as well...even though it´s more of a chorus/delay thingy than a straight reverb. But all in all, it´ll add space to the leads. I use their Route 66 overdrive/compressor, and they sure know how do build a great pedal for a fair price. Good design + quality parts + made in China but with low tolerances = good enough for me.

Ouch, just checked the price on the T-Rex Room-mate... 325 Euros. A bit steep, but to my ears it rocked. If I wasn´t running rack processors I´d definitely consider getting one.

Comment

I have been hearing that one of the best sounding reverb pedals. believe it or not, is the cheap Behringer. By all reports it sounds better than the Boss and Digitech pedals.

Comment

those behringer stomp boxes are absolute pieces of shit. i picked up three of them - they were a joke. they hissed. they're made of plastic less sturdy than the bag wonder bread comes in. i wouldn't use a behringer pedal as an ashtray.
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I´d have to go with hippietim on the Behringers. I was kinda intrigued when they came out, thinking they´d be sweet for the price. A friend of mine who works at a music store got some sort of trial package in with a bunch of models and asked me to try them out. Sure, there are some way decent sounds in some of them... but the overall fifty-cent feel of the construction and that hiss ain´t cool.

If you buy quality, you only cry once!

Comment

EH holy grail reverb pedal is pretty nice imho.

Pete

Comment

I recenlty got a Boss RV3 and I am real happy with it. Great sound even with my high gain amp - does not kill the highs. Easy to dial in good sounds.

I am real picky when it comes to reverb. I have not heard the EH but I would bet you would be happy with either one.

The holy grail has shitty battery life though.
                      PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Originally posted by shredmonster View Post
                        The holy grail has shitty battery life though.
                        Wrong. Any battery you put in a Holy Grail will last for a very long time since it DOESN'T TAKE A BATTERY at all - you have to use an AC adapter.

BTW, my Holy Grail is for sale in the classifieds.
                        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                          Wrong. Any battery you put in a Holy Grail will last for a very long time since it DOESN'T TAKE A BATTERY at all - you have to use an AC adapter.

BTW, my Holy Grail is for sale in the classifieds.
                          pwned.

Comment

bump,....

Comment

Holy Grail or a Boss RV-3

Comment

Working...
                              X