Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi effects.

Hello,
    I'm looking for a Multi effects board that can send effects like Delay , Chorus , Flanger , Phaser etc in the effects loop of my amp and leave the OD drive effects and other that should be in front of the preamp.

I saw the Boss GT8 has an effects loop but does it do effects routing?

Reason for this is I like my clean channel and drive channel. I also don't like putting Chorus and other "should be in the effects loop" effects in front of the drive channel.

I also like Line 6 effects the more I learn about them. I love the fact you can download new sound from there website and edit from there software, how cool is that??? Do others do this as well or is Line 6 the only ones doing this?

It would be killer to beable to buy a Multieffects pedal board that has this kind of ability. Also True bypass would be a nice touch when not using it but leaving it connected.

If no one makes such a thing, someone should. Having everything built into one board would be awesome. No cable mess, no multi power supplies all over the place.If you think about that, you can own a killer amp like a Bogner, Krank, Mesa Boogie or whatever amp you like that has a drive channel you like and have the ability to put the effects in the chain exactly where you like them. If you ever tried running a OD pedal in the effects loop , it doesn't work as well as in front of the preamp. Same goes with putting Chorus infront for the Drve channel, it sounds aweful to me. I feel certain effects need to be place in an order that sounds the best or can perfrom the best.

Talk to me fellas

Dan

I think you're asking about the infamous 4 cable method?

"This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

What´s the name of that sweet Lexicon unit that came out like five years back? MPX G2 or something like that? Anyway, it did exactly this. Rackmounted, though.

Comment

That's what I use my GT8 for - If your guitar amp has an fx loop, you can move *any* effect in any position in any patch. I have my wah and boost pedals in the GT8 in front of my amp, and other effects afterward.

Pete

Comment

*waiting for my Rocktron Intellipitch to arrive* Can't wait to get to know it properly! Seems like a good unit.

Comment

If it's really important for you to retain the original tone of your amp, then you won't be happy with the Boss units, based on my experience. I ran a GT-6 via the 4-cable method with my Marshall 30th Anny, and it negatively affected the basic tone of the amp. I now happily use a TC G-Major for time-based FX and and a Fulltone ODC pedal (true bypass) into the front of the amp. Neither the GT-6 or GT-8 offer true bypass.

The Boss units, in and of themselves, are GREAT units - just not in the loop of an amp IF amp tone retention is important. They're better off used directly into a power amp or PA.
            "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

TC Electronic G System does all that and has switchable loops for your pedals as well. It also has power for your pedals, and will also switch your amp, and let you run multiple amps with the different presets determining what goes to which amp. Pretty much does everything I need. Only drawback is the price but if you bought all the separate to do it then it doesn't seem so bad.
              http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPete View Post
                If it's really important for you to retain the original tone of your amp, then you won't be happy with the Boss units, based on my experience. I ran a GT-6 via the 4-cable method with my Marshall 30th Anny, and it negatively affected the basic tone of the amp. I now happily use a TC G-Major for time-based FX and and a Fulltone ODC pedal (true bypass) into the front of the amp. Neither the GT-6 or GT-8 offer true bypass.

The Boss units, in and of themselves, are GREAT units - just not in the loop of an amp IF amp tone retention is important. They're better off used directly into a power amp or PA.

Depends on the quality of the host amp's fx loop. I've had great results with the GT8 on my JSX, and I know a guy that uses the GT8 with his Diezel with no problems either. I can bypass my loop on the JSX, and I notice no 'tone suckage' when bypassed.

Pete

Comment

I use a Boss GT5 with my ENGL Fireball (via 4cable method). I have noticed a little tone change, but not enough to bug me or to make me try out other units. I'm pretty happy with it.
                  http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I'm a purest. I like things the way there suppost to song. True bypass is Important to me. But I do want an all in one board that does what the Boss unit does. Using the 4 cable method is exaclty how it should be wired to do what I want to do.

This G major I'll have to look into. i don't mind spending more money if it's better.

So the Line 6 units don't use the 4 cable method?? No true bypass?? Why make guitar effects if you can't bypass them when your not using them? Why would anyone build such a product??? As picky as most of us are about our tone, I don't get it...

Dan

Comment

I'll tell you why I'm keeping my Line6 Pod Pro even though I recently bought a Rocktron Intellipitch; It's because I can easily plug the Line6 straight to my computer and get some fairly decent sounds using the cab-simulations. Yes, I know this is not the real thing, but sometimes, like four in the morning, the neighbours don't seem to be too fond of hearing you melt faces with your awesome, wall-rattling supershredding skills I agree with you on the issue about using just the effects though, as far as I know the closest thing I can get to that is choosing the "tube preamp" setting on the panel.. It is the closest to a preamp bypass you'll get but it will still color your sound.

Comment

>> Why make guitar effects if you can't bypass them when your not using them? Why would anyone build such a product???

Good questions. I too wish EVERY FX manufacturer would use true bypass. Anyone know why this isn't the case? I'm not a EE - is there some kind of technical issue?
                        "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

Originally posted by mantis View Post
                          This G major I'll have to look into. i don't mind spending more money if it's better.

Dan
                          It's the G System you want to look at. All the G's get kinda confusing.
                          Chris
                          http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Originally posted by blindmuddy View Post
                            It's the G System you want to look at. All the G's get kinda confusing.
                            Chris

Thanks man

Dan

Comment

I had a G major, I preferred the GT8 by far. Just my opinion.

Pete

Comment

Working...
                              X