hughes & kettner switchblade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hughes & kettner switchblade?

Anybody read up on this thing? Supposedly you have a tube pre and power amp, but with digital effects, that can all be programmed (tube distortions and cleans along with effects) like a modeling amp. I'm very curious to hear this thing....

I've heard some mixed stuff about this amp. People complain a little bit about the effects and also say that it isn't really a modern metal amp. Heard great things about the cleans and the lead tones though.. Rhythm stuff and crunch, well, not so much... Versatile as you can get though.

Comment

it is not a true all tube amp, the preamp section is actualy a mix between tube and diode clipping, it only has two preamp tubes.

I think it is more towards the 80's and 90's metal, but not the nu metal type.

Comment

Originally posted by siggy14 View Post
        it is not a true all tube amp, the preamp section is actualy a mix between tube and diode clipping, it only has two preamp tubes.

I think it is more towards the 80's and 90's metal, but not the nu metal type.
        That's what I heard but I wasn't too sure. Won't be doing much chugga chugga stuff on that amp.

Comment

Working...
        X