Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pod xt pro vs. pod xt live?

any thoughts/opinions?
    it won't be used direct, but through a tube poweramp + cab, either a dedicated poweramp or the fx return of a tube head.
    live as well as rehearsal.

thanks

biggest difference is balanced trs outs, + xlr outs, and i think an optical out aswell (can't remember), on the Pro. + you'd want the pedalboard for the live tempo tap button and channel switching. and its a pretty penny by itself.

xtl only has standard unbalanace 1/4 inch outs that can be switched to line level or amp input level.

so its really a cost verses intended use decision. and i will say that balanced outs make a huge difference in the studio.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

so regarding sounds and editing features they are basically identical, huh?
      as i said, this will be used as the main rig for rehearsals and as a backup unit live, maybe also at home through the pc speakers (replacing the old 2.0)...the idea was to spare the expensive tube stuff for live use, plus i've heared the pod xt pro sound pretty damn good played through the fx return of a marshall tsl...kataklysm used that rig for the no mercy tour, and i swear the guitars sounded exactly like on the album.

in the end, we're talking about 250 euro used to the xtl vs 400 euro for the xtp, also used, plus the floorboard and the rack case.

Comment

I bought an XT Live a while back and while doing research I spoke to one of the sales guys who does the Line 6 stuff and he told me the circuitry is the same. He said it was all about choice of packaging. I figured the footboard would be the better choice for what I would need it for and haven't looked back, but in any event, I was told they are the same circuitry-wise.
        - Adam

Comment

Working...
        X