Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boss and Line 6 who is the better company??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss and Line 6 who is the better company??

Ok you probably seen my ongoing review of the 2 chorus pedals. I'm new to Line 6 and used Boss years ago with steller results. So far I'm finding Boss makes a better quality analog sounding product. Liine 6 seems way more cooler with the ability to download new tones and such. they also offer alot in one box effects. I'm talking straight effects here.

Which Product line and why do you perfer? The Tone core pedals I want to look further then the Space Chorus but the More I use the Boss pedal the more I feel they are the better company to go with.

Love to read your thoughts.

Dan

Every single pedal on my board is from a different manufacturer....I don't care who makes them....I just buy what works for me. Nearly all manufacturers have some good and not so good models.

Comment

I think Boss/Roland is a more innovative company. For starters, a bunch of the things Line 6 models is Boss/Roland gear.

And when it comes to modeling, it is a preference thing. Both camps have excellent product offerings. Boss/Roland has been into it for a long time and has used their modeling technology for many more things than Line 6. In many aspect, Roland is still ahead of the POD/Variax with the VG-8 that came out back in the early/mid 90's.

I've decided not to choose between them - I own a PODxt Pro, POD 2.0, Boss GS-10, and a Roland VG-8EX - all are excellent in their own way.

Choose what works for you.
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I used to give the edge to Line 6 since they made modeling amps and Roland/Boss didn't. But now that the Cube series is out, I'd have to put them mostly even again. I love Line 6 amps, but those cubes are incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
          I used to give the edge to Line 6 since they made modeling amps and Roland/Boss didn't. But now that the Cube series is out, I'd have to put them mostly even again. I love Line 6 amps, but those cubes are incredible.
          You do realize that Roland has had modeling amplifiers around since 2000 right? And they've been doing amp modeling longer than just about anyone else.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Sound quality-wise, I usually like Boss' stuff better. But Line6 is close, and seems to offer better flexibility and user ease for programming. Effects & pedal boards I'd give to Boss. Amps I'd give to Line6.

Comment

I'm pretty much of the same boat. I've used Boss for a long time.
              Roland has been at the forefront of modeling technology since mid to latter 90's, so I'd say the edge goes to Boss.

Line 6, I'm just getting acquainted with outside of the POD but its approach is aggressive and I like that. The conveneince to cost of downloading and paying the upcharges sure is profitable for them and as long as they produce cutting edge, easy to use stuff, I'm willing to try their stuff on for size. I did not care to much for the hardware stuff as far as effects.

Johnson was a contender but unfortunately stopped producing amps but the J-station has some interesting sounds and capabilities. I really weighed the early POD out to the J-station and I liked the J-station better.. the cost was a factor too. Pods were expensive when they first came out.

Oberheim was also at the cutting edge of modeling technology in mid 90's. I really like the GM rackmount series.

The Tone core pedals do look cool, but I already have a bunch of Boss. I've been using a DM-2 for many years, early 90's. The DD3 and DD5 are pretty much all I need.
              Last edited by charvelguy; 11-20-2006, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Boss (Roland) gets my vote, for both amps and pedals.

Comment

I don't think you can say one is the better company, only which one's products you prefer, and as Tim said, you can have both. Try before you buy, I imagine reliability is about equal although Roland/BOSS has been around longer so they have a longer track record.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X