mp-1 + powerblock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mp-1 + powerblock?

I'm looking for a cheap beginner's rack setup. Would the MP-1 and a power block do it for me? I know the power block isn't a rack mount, but it's a power amp and that's the important part
    Scott

Yep, the Power Block is fine as a power amp or even just plugging into the front end and using it as an amp head.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Funny that you mention this because my powerblock is my "rack" power amp too. I use it with a V-amp pro and it works great. They should make a rackmount version of this amp. I was thinking of just velcro-ing it to the top of my v-amp pro. I think its just 2 spaces high.

Comment

i just ordered a power block and I have an old school Zoom efx/preamp that I'm looking at putting together. Hope it works out....

Comment

might wanna get a noise gate for that noisey mp-1.

Comment

Sorry for digging up an older thread, but I just wanted to tell Spivonious that this is the gear I'm using and it friggin' ROCKS!

I'm running this into a Lee Jackson 4x12 cab. Believe me - with this setup, volume is NOT a problem! Of course, ideally I'd like to have a tube power amp (the Mesa Boogie 20/20 gives me wood), but this is a cheap alternative that doesn't sound cheap.

Just a FYI, tho - I got this from another board...

Last September I discovered what was going on with the price-drop on the Crate PowerBlock.

I found a post on the Internet by Jerry Knapper.
            He’s a Regional Sales Manager for LOUD Technologies Inc., which is one of the world’s largest
            dedicated pro audio and music products companies - and is the corporate parent of Crate.
            (As well as Ampeg, Mackie, and others).

In part, this is what Jerry Knapper posted ....

"This deal for $99 on the PowerBlock, I am sorry to say, is for real.
            Loud Tech, who purchased St. Louis Music, purchased a ton of them and to recover from their investment,
            they sold them to GC and MF so cheap that you can now buy one for the $99.

I must say, however, that the companies decision to drop them was not because of lack of performance in sound.
            It was because of lack of performance in sales!"

The Powerblocks have been discontinued, so get one soon if you're so inclined.

Comment

The MP-1 is a killer of a machine. No beginner by any stretch of the imagination. Even in stock form. I just sent mine off for the Deluxe Mod at Voodoo Amps. As far as noise the mod should take care of it.
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
                The MP-1 is a killer of a machine. No beginner by any stretch of the imagination. Even in stock form. I just sent mine off for the Deluxe Mod at Voodoo Amps. As far as noise the mod should take care of it.
                TOTAL agreeance! Mine is stock and I LOVE it. Although I've heard that Voodoo mod kicks some major tail. Personally, I find that it gets the perfect amount of gain for me - enough to cover up some of my sloppiness, but limited enough to still make me have to work on my chops. Lol!

Comment

I am using one right now with a PODXT Pro to get me by while I am waiting for my Mesaboogie roadster head to come in. With the Pod output plugged into the FX return of the powerbox and turned up about 60-70% it actually can power a 4x12 pretty and still have a bit of play in volume while playing with a drummer. The one thing that is really nice about it is that it is so damn compact. Thumbs up for what it is.

-Nate
                  Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

We hope you dig it! Have a great day and I hope your week is going well for you.

Trace

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                      I'm looking for a cheap beginner's rack setup. Would the MP-1 and a power block do it for me? I know the power block isn't a rack mount, but it's a power amp and that's the important part
                      I haven't tried the Powerblock, but try telling Lynch, Bettencourt, Skolnick, Vito Bratta etc. that the MP-1 is a "beginners" piece of equipment.. I dare you!
                      Without a doubt one of the coolest pieces of gear ever in guitardom!
                      "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

i have 1 that has been 3tm modded and i just got my other one back from getting the 3.666 mod.KILLER
                        my kids go without food so i can collect guitars

Comment

The MP-1 is very versatile great piece of rack gear...I love mine.
                          I'm currently trying to get a VH1 and VH2 sound from it.
                          I'm learning the MP-1 as I go too, one thing for sure, its a keeper.
                          Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooamps View Post
                            We hope you dig it! Have a great day and I hope your week is going well for you.

Trace
                            Wow, Trace your here I haven't had time to get a message back to you. I had to go out of town on the job on short notice, so I didn't get to fiddle with the MP1 until recently. The Deluxe Mod is great! I like the presets you download in this machine.
                            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Wow, Trace your here I haven't had time to get a message back to you. I had to go out of town on the job on short notice, so I didn't get to fiddle with the MP1 until recently. The Deluxe Mod is great! I like the presets you download in this machine.

I'm *very* glad to hear you are happy! If you need anything what so ever we are always here for you.

Have a great day
                              Trace

Comment

Working...
                              X