Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heartfielder View Post
    ... and surprisingly quiet.

That's funny... not exactly what you usually hear when someone's talking about amps... :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:
    My gear -> 2004 Jackson DK2 EDS, JT580LP trem, SD Custom Shop Crazy 8 trembucker (bridge), SSL-2 Vintage rw/rp (middle) and SSL-6 Custom (neck) single coils, CTS pots, 5-way super switch with custom wiring, GHS Boomers TNT 10-52, ENGL Powerball E645 V2 head, ENGL Custom Footswitch Z-5, Framus FR 212 CS cab

Comment

the battery life was the big surprise to me, I keep mine in the car a lot of the time, makes lunch at the pond out back more fiun

Comment

I really like how the Vox and Marshall-y Models clean up when you turn the guitar volume down.

I do probably use mine more than any of my other amps.

I used to play unamplified around the house, now I'll use this most of the time.

Comment

My experience is that the micro cube has a built in noise gate. I can hear it start to gate on the high gain models when holding a note.

Originally posted by cbope View Post
          That's funny... not exactly what you usually hear when someone's talking about amps... :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:
          "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Originally posted by fr0sty View Post
            My experience is that the micro cube has a built in noise gate. I can hear it start to gate on the high gain models when holding a note.

I know it has a noise gate, but I've not noticed any cutoff. I will check this over the next few days...
            My gear -> 2004 Jackson DK2 EDS, JT580LP trem, SD Custom Shop Crazy 8 trembucker (bridge), SSL-2 Vintage rw/rp (middle) and SSL-6 Custom (neck) single coils, CTS pots, 5-way super switch with custom wiring, GHS Boomers TNT 10-52, ENGL Powerball E645 V2 head, ENGL Custom Footswitch Z-5, Framus FR 212 CS cab

Comment

Its a must have for any guitarist.

Comment

Yeah, these really ARE nice little amps. Our singer got one, not too long ago, and he loves his. I MAY have to pick one up, in the future.
                I'm not Ron!

Comment

How about the other Cube amps? Looks like the Cube 15 can be bought for a little less than the Micro Cube.

Comment

i have a red MC i picked up in June. they are a kick to own. i use my Pandora with it also.

it is like toy version of my JC 120 with my Boss GT8.
                    ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                      How about the other Cube amps? Looks like the Cube 15 can be bought for a little less than the Micro Cube.
                      Cube 15 has no modelling.

Comment

Originally posted by cbope View Post
                        I know it has a noise gate, but I've not noticed any cutoff. I will check this over the next few days...
                        I played with it last night, and yes I can hear the gating. It's not annoying by any means and it's a soft gate. It doesn't just clip the sound. If this were a big expensive tube amp, I would complain about it if there was no way to switch it off. But it's a practice amp and it's barely noticeable at practice volume levels. In fact I had to tell myself to listen for it on sustained notes to hear it at living room volume levels. I hadn't even noticed it before.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                          Yep. it's bigger but not better to me. I had one for a couple of days but I brought it back.

Comment

The Cube 30 and the Cube 60 are also great
                            The Cube 30 is footswitchable for channels and effects. The Cube 60 is absolutely good enough to gig with providing you mic it in a loud situation.

Comment

roland cube series amps are truly amazing... even though i recently gave up my cube 60 i thought it was incredible.
                              Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                              Amp... Pioneer
                              Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

I used the Micro Cube tonight for the first time in our practice room, previously I've only used it in my apartment at low volume levels or through headhpones. I was already happy with this little practice amp, but man, I'm impressed with this tiny box tonight. The other guitarist has an older Line6 Flextone combo, I believe it's 60W in a 1x12 cab. I was using the recto and classic stack models on the Cube with a fair amount of gain, and I had no problem keeping up with the Flextone at practice volume... and the Cube vol was only at 40-50% most of the time! On freakin' batteries!!!

Sure, the tone on almost anything bigger is better than this tiny box, but damn it is amazing for what it is and for the price. As I said earlier in this post, the distortion is very nice.

Roland Micro Cube...

Comment

Working...
                                X