No announcement yet.

Roland Micro Cube ROCKS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You've all got me about half tempted to buy a Cube amp. I'm gonna go deaf if I keep practicing with 50 and 100 watt amps. The Micro Cube probably would suffice, but the "bigger is better" part of me wants to step up to at least the Cube 30. Thoughts? Is a Cube 30 overkill for a practice amp? BTW, I've noticed they're pretty much entirely converting over to the "X" versions.....30X, 60X, etc.

Comment

I have a Cube 30 and a Cube 30 Bass, in my little jam room.
      On the Guitar cube 30, I rarely push the volume knob past
      the 10 o-clock spot when messing around.
      When I want to ring my ears I turn on the JCM 800.
      I am also thinking of getting a Micro Cube, to take camping and stuff.

Comment

This thing is absolutely AMAZING, I used to work at GC, so I got mine for $80, but besides being small and compace and all, it's got A LOT of features, and the greatest part....it sounds great........really great. The best for me is the Black face model and the Recto model, they sound awesome.

Comment

the brit combo mode dimed is surprisingly versatile

Comment

The roland microcube sounds great as long as you dont play it right after a REAL amp.

My triple rec makes it sound like my nephew crying...

Comment

I may have to get one of these, they sound awesome.
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

The 30 is a full on pure balls, no pedal needing box of pure living room juice. You don't jneed anything but a whammy if you use one in your playing.
                They're tough little fukkers. Trust me.
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Bought a Micro Cube today. See my other thread about the Flextone.

It's a great little amp. The Brit Combo model is a little too midrangey for my taste, but the classic stack and recto models rock. My delimma is that I have a Marshall 100-watt half stack and a POD. The POD is portable, of course, but not if I want to be heard in the room where there isn't an amp.
                  Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

I have a Zoom Fire 7010 that's a cool little battery powered amp. I used to bring the Zoom with me to try out guitars. Now that most of the local shops sell Cubes I have been using those instead.

Comment

I just ordered a Cube 30. I don't really like MF a whole lot, but they are blowing them out for $150 with free shipping. Plus, I had a $25 coupon code, which put the amp at around $125. Can't beat that. Check the Non J/C Related Talk forum for more info on the coupon.

Comment

Too bad the newer ones are made in China. I hope they are as tough as the Malaysian ones.
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                          Too bad the newer ones are made in China. I hope they are as tough as the Malaysian ones.
                          By newer ones, do you mean the Cube 30X or do you mean the original Cube 30 (which is the one I'm buying) had two different production locations?

Comment

Dunno where they’re made, but Cube-30 is a brilliant practice amp & complete bargain imho … certainly best amongst many I’ve tried (inc. Vox, Tech21, Marshall etc.) … agree they’re tough & well made … quality item with nice versatile tones.

Ian.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                              They were made wherenow?! Man it sucks, Line6 and Roland now apparently have/had factories in Malaysia, and the gear isn't cheap at all! [EDIT: I am currently staying in Malaysia]

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                                By newer ones, you mean the original Cube 30 (which is the one I'm buying) had two different production locations?
                                Yes.
                                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X