No announcement yet.

Mesa Dual Rectifier - ask for help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a tube amp (based on JJ EL-34) - last time I had a small cash injection - I played Mesa 3ch amp DR (borrowed from someone) about 2h and I was impressed! This amp kills all and I am decided to buy it
    Let's try to fight with alcoholism! Drink more and leave less for others

Comment

Originally posted by DSS3 View Post
      The Triple isn't about volume - it's about a difference in tone you get from having so much headroom.

Most everyone agrees - the 2ch Duals sound way better than the 3ch's.

I'd go for an older 2ch or a Racktofier.

The Mesa forum at http://www.grailtone.com/forum usually has a good classifieds section.
      I don't know if it's so much the difference in headroom as it is the Tranny but the two channel Triple's loaded with EL-34's sound way better than a two or three channel Dual loaded with 6L6's.
      That's except for the very early Dual Recto's(under serial# 500) loaded with 6L6's, they are byfar the absolute best sounding Rectos!!

Comment

Originally posted by siggy14 View Post
        If you get a 3 chanenl, first thing, if it is an older one and has the original mesa 430 tubes, get rid of them.

The new 3 channels are coming with the 440's which are alot better tube. The older 3channel version has 430's which are more buzzy.
        Agreed. The 440s are such a huge difference...
        Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
          Siggy has good suggestions but I must state that if you have never been a Rectifier owner, get to know the amp before you start messing around with mods or tube swaps.
          You're correct, John. I'd also say please, please read the manual. It'll save you a lot of pain...
          Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Working...
          X