Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling all Boss GT-8 users here... What amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am using the GT-8 into 2 Mackie SRM-450 PA speakers (400W ea). Full Range Flat Response (FRFR). Using FRFR, you hear the GT-8 the way it was meant to be heard uncolored by your guitar amp. The 4 Cable method is good if you want to have your tube amp's preamps in the signal in addition to all of the great options that come with the GT-8. I tried the GT-8 in many different cabling configs with my Marshall JCM900 and my Mesa Boogie, alone and together as stereo, but never was 100% happy with the sound. Now with the Mackies, I get great tones and spend much more time playing and hardly tweak anymore at all. I've had the Mackies for over a year and still don't have any GAS to change my amplification. Just sold my Marshall Tube amp and my Mesa Boogie DC-3 Tube amp is collecting dust.

Another cool thing about the SRM-450's is they are flexible. You can use them like I do for guitar, keyboards, and monitors in studio. You can run a full band through them too.

Recording direct with the digital out option on the GT-8 produces great results as well.
    "What's all this lying around shit!!" - Bluto

Comment

Working...
    X