Cheap multi effects pedal??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap multi effects pedal??

My goal is to be able to play & record onto my computer with getting some decent tones. This is primarily for playback to see/hear how my playing is coming along, as well as, to record some ideas (when they come around).

Here is what I want:
    1.) reasonably good to great tone
    2.) 10 or more patches (to create different sounds)
    3.) USB connectivity (although I can also get that 1/4" to USB plug/adapter that Washburn sells)
    4.) footswitches to change patches (expression pedal a plus)
    5.) recording software (doesn't have to be top notch, but I'm tired of only being able to record 30 seconds or so on windows sound recorder)
    6.) price - under $100 would be nice.

Doesn't have to be new. Just let me know if you have had or know of a decent multieffects floor unit that kind of fits what I'm looking for (V-amp floor pedal, Digitech units old & newer, Boss units old & new, etc.
    #s 3 & 5 are not deal breakers, so if no USB or recording software, that's ok.
    KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
    I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

You don't ask for much, do ya? I've seen the Yamaha DG stomp pedals sell in that range - they sound great, are super easy to program, and are a pedal. There is a connection for an expression pedal if you need it, but it's not built in. It smokes anything else in that under $100 price range though.

Pete

Comment

Zoom makes the cheapest and sounds remarkably good considering.

Comment

I would recommend Zoom G2. It is missing the USB connection and expression pedal though. I don't think you will find a pedal with all the features you listed for 100 bucks or less. Maybe used, but definitely not new. I'm about to get a Zoom G2.1U, which does have all the features you ask for but the price is just a bit more than your budget (new). I don't know what it sells for in the states, but in europe it's about 165 euros which works out to about 180 USD. Maybe you can find one used for close to a hundred though, that would be a good score.

V-Amp 2 is also a decent choice, but is also missing an expression pedal and USB interface. It does come with a bank switching pedal though. A new one should be roughly close to 120 bucks. I use one of them at home and sometimes for rehearsals. Not so much since I got my Roland Micro Cube practice amp though.

Disclaimer: I haven't tried the G2 series, but a good fiend of mine has the G2.1U and he says it sounds great. The G2 should sound exactly the same (same processor), just minus the previously mentioned USB and expression pedal. I looked at all the other pedals in this feature / price range and decided on the Zoom.
        My gear -> 2004 Jackson DK2 EDS, JT580LP trem, SD Custom Shop Crazy 8 trembucker (bridge), SSL-2 Vintage rw/rp (middle) and SSL-6 Custom (neck) single coils, CTS pots, 5-way super switch with custom wiring, GHS Boomers TNT 10-52, ENGL Powerball E645 V2 head, ENGL Custom Footswitch Z-5, Framus FR 212 CS cab

Comment

Got just the thing man. The Korg ax1000g. It's an awesome sounding effect processor and has amp modeling. Whats really cool about it is it has a 8 second loop. Sweet for those quick licks you wanna figure out a solo to. The chorus and reverb effects are some of the very best I've heard at any price.If you get this for around 100.00 or less your doing killer man. It's good enough to gig with. I believe you'll be very Impressed.

Comment

Hell, drop $150 and get a Digitech GNX-1. Great unit and you don't need an amp if you just want to practice by yourself. Usualy ships with an LE version of Sonar. No USB though. You can downlowd patches to it via a MIDI cable.
            -Rick

Comment

hmm digitech rp80? aint that bad.. does have more than 10 patches and expression pedal...

and a recording program u can easily get (i mean "buy")
              also there are some *legal* freeware recording programs that are pretty good.. look it up
              If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

Originally posted by mantis View Post
                Got just the thing man. The Korg ax1000g. It's an awesome sounding effect processor and has amp modeling. Whats really cool about it is it has a 8 second loop. Sweet for those quick licks you wanna figure out a solo to. The chorus and reverb effects are some of the very best I've heard at any price.If you get this for around 100.00 or less your doing killer man. It's good enough to gig with. I believe you'll be very Impressed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/KORG-TONE-WORKS-...QQcmdZViewItem

Great choice. I have a 411FX that is 1/4 of the AX1000G and it rips.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                  Great choice. I have a 411FX that is 1/4 of the AX1000G and it rips.
                  Yeah man nice. If the Korg could be wired infront of my clean and drvie channels as well in my effects loop, I would keep it. I upgraded to the Boss Gt 8 due to this. The Korg sounded just as good man. I like there stuff.They should release a killer rack mount with pedal control, I'd be Intrested in checking it out.

Dan

Comment

My friend has a GNX series Digitech. It sounds really good for a processor. He's got it running right into his computer. I believe it uses USB for the software and then just a line-out for the sound.
                    Scott

Comment

Yeah it was kind of a give me all of this for as little as possible.
                      Thanks for the input. Now it's time to search & see what I come up with.
                      KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                      I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Yamaha Magicstomp II

Comment

I'd get a used POD

Comment

I don't know if it can help:

Some samples on my page of direct recordings of the Zoom G2 (99$):

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=182432

Make sure you read the description of the clip for which one was done using the Zoom G2.

These are not the best clips you'll find on the web but I'm sure they can help you at least get an idea of the sound of the unit. No post production was involved. The G2 was plug straight into my laptop audio input.
                            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

It's not a pedal, but the Line6 GuitarPort does a nice job for $100 with plenty of different amp and effect models, plus you can buy more.

Comment

Working...
                              X