Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Predator1 View Post
    Spider II 30wt 112 $139.00 shipped at MF/
    There ya go..you can't beat that with a stick..and I don't care where you got that stick..

Now, how much does that cube go for...
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
      There ya go..you can't beat that with a stick..and I don't care where you got that stick..

Now, how much does that cube go for...
      I got mine Saturday for $129.99. I would have liked a Flextone better, but I like the Micro Cube WAY better than a Spider.
      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
        REALLY????!!!!!

HOW?????!!!

Um...No way I could even imagine that...I mean NO FUGGIN' WAY!

Not saying that to be a smart ass..just sayin that because it's SO true!

Did you have a drummer..did he play with sticks or brushes..

I Play with my kids Spyder EVERYDAY..and I just played a 2-12 75wt the other day and had that thing about 80% cranked ..well I was encouraged by the GC guitar staff and I obliged..well I was "cutting heads" with some cocky punk..I won!

BTW..The 2 -12 Crate Combo that dude was playing was LOUDER..that's why I had to crank it as loud as I did..but it sure pleased many spectators who watched on..
        The "green" metal channel has twice the volume output of every other channel. I had it at about 11 o'clock for every gig I played with it, and yes, we had a drummer with sticks. haha

Also, this was the 150w.
        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
          The "green" metal channel has twice the volume output of every other channel. I had it at about 11 o'clock for every gig I played with it, and yes, we had a drummer with sticks. haha

Also, this was the 150w.
          Oh Gotcha..I never tried the 150 wt vesrion..hell I didn't even know they made one..

OK, I can see that now bro..pardon my ignorance..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yep.. they make 'em.
            I have the Spider II 2x12 150 watt combo. Got it from Matt (Matt's Music). Plenty loud enough to gig with.
            My old lead guitarist used the 150 watt head version through a Marshall 1960 cab for over a year before he cooked it (the head).
            2 to 3 gigs a week plus pratices. One day it just died, so I can't say they are relaible.
            He was smart enough to have a backup head with him.
            -Rick

Comment

My only beef with my SpiderII HD75 head is the limited control I have over the Chorus/Flange effects. Clean channel is good, I think my MXR Distortion+ does better than the Crunch channel. The metal channel is awesome for Metallica, and the Insane channel is just flat out sweet.

Comment

Am I the only one that do not like the insane channel? I found it sterile and buzzy. I usually use the crunch or the metal channel with an overdrive in front of the amp.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordor View Post
                  Am I the only one that do not like the insane channel? I found it sterile and buzzy. I usually use the crunch or the metal channel with an overdrive in front of the amp.

...That channel is the only one I use...well your talking to the guy who maxes the gain on a Uberschall..

Comment

I never used the Insane channel, because it didn't cut through enough with the rest of the band. Then there was that horrible other Insane channel with the pitch shifting...ick!
                    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

I don't like it, either, but the sad thing is that it's still the only tone I can halfway use on a Spider. I don't think it can touch the Modern Hi-Gain on the Flextone and POD 2.0.
                      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Dude, try to boost the amp with a tubescreamer, it really comes back to life.

Comment

insane sounds like crap! it might sound cool when u play on your own
                          but as soon as you wanna practice with friends, play with recording or record something.. it doesnt cut through... green metal is awesome! and green crunch can actually give u a bit of brown sound
                          If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

Trading in my Spider ll 2x10 for a new Spider lll 2x10 just in time for X-Mas. Got rid of the tube amps over a year ago. I don't play out anymore and I don't have to worry about the cops telling me to turn it down because the tubes sound better at window shattering levels. (not that there's anything wrong with that, but with neighbors that have 911 on speed dial) You just can't go wrong with an amp at this price range with all the features that this thing has..................flame away....
                            Last edited by 777; 12-06-2006, 05:40 PM.
                            "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Dude, try to boost the amp with a tubescreamer, it really comes back to life.

Or MXR Distortion+

Comment

Working...
                              X