Mesa Boogie Nomad 45 1X 12 modifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Boogie Nomad 45 1X 12 modifications

I have a Mesa Boogie 45 Nomad 1 X 12 with the EL84 tubes. I think the amp sounds nasal and treble heavy even in the clean channel. I have a variety of Charvels, PRS, Fender Strats etc.... I recently played a Single Rectifier 1 X 12 with 6L6 tubes and I was blown away by the clarity and quality sounds both in the distortion chanel and clean chanel. Are there any mods I can do to the Mesa Nomad 45? I know they discontinued them and came out with 55 Watt versions with 6L6 tubes. Any advice guys?

Don't bother modding it. If you like the sound of a Rectifier I would suggest you get rid of the Nomad and go get one. The 2 amps aren't even close.
    I owned the same amp. I thought the clean channel was outstanding but I didn't consider the Nomad 45 a suitable amp for metal and there is no way to get it to sound like a Rectifier.

Comment

nasal clean channel? i think the nomad has one of the better clean channels that i've heard. as for the distortion channel, i agree that the recto is better.
      you can try a dist pedal in front of the nomad. i had a tech 21 tri ac in front of the nomad and it sounded pretty good.

Comment

Working...
      X