Volume increase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume increase?

My friend plays through a 6505+, and needs something that increases his volume when he plays his leads, He doesn't want to use a volume pedal, he wants something easy to just switch, A friend of his said something about using a tubescreamer as a boost, what do you think?

pop an EQ pedal in the loop. Key it right and it'll really liven the amp up too
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Yeah, don´t boost anything up front... a Tubescreamer (or any boost, overdrive or distortion) up front would just add compression and gain, not much actual volume. An EQ in the loop will do the trick, and is a simple on-off job. The 6505 has an instrument-level loop, right? So I second VitG´s suggestion for a pedal rather than a rackmounted unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Burn View Post
        My friend plays through a 6505+, and needs something that increases his volume when he plays his leads, He doesn't want to use a volume pedal, he wants something easy to just switch, A friend of his said something about using a tubescreamer as a boost, what do you think?
        A volume pedal isn't easy to just switch? Just put a volume pedal in the loop and be done with it.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, especially a volume pedal that´s got a trimpot for setting the minimum volume... so he won´t have to worry about rolling it back too far. But either way will work just fine, imho.

Comment

Working...
          X