DerekB appreciation thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DerekB appreciation thread.

I bought a cobra from rock solid amps and got it yesterday. I immediately hooked it up and let the tubes warm up before playing. After that, I played for about 10 minutes when I noticed that 2 of the tubes were glowing bright orange and the amp made strange noise. I shut it off immediately and called Derek. He was busy with things at the time that I called but took the call anyway to help me out. He said the powertubes must have had something happen to them during shipping since the amp was checked out by a tech at the distribution office before shipping and that he would call framus to send out a new amp. I told him that I would try my kt-77s and re-bias the amp to make sure it was just a tube issue and not anything wrong with the amp. Sure enough, it was just the tubes and I had saved the amp from blowing a fuse since I acted fast. The amp sounds great and acts like it should. Today I got a call from Framus and they are shipping new tubes out. This was the best customer service I have ever recieved. Derek went out of his way for me when had had other issues that he had to deal with at the time. I highly reccomend Derek and rock solid amps. \m/

P.S. The amp was packed immaculately. It was UPS's fault that they did not handle it better.

Purchased my Fireball from Derek earlier this year. Superb customer service and he packs amps to withstand a nuclear bomb!

Comment

well, you definitely got yourself a hot piece of gear, that's for sure. have fun with your new baby, and remember to be patient and tweak the shit out of it, you'll be surprised

btw, how's it sounding with the K77s?

Comment

Originally posted by Fragle View Post
        well, you definitely got yourself a hot piece of gear, that's for sure. have fun with your new baby, and remember to be patient and tweak the shit out of it, you'll be surprised

btw, how's it sounding with the K77s?
        I love it! It sounds more articulate and has less saturation. The low end is tighter as well. I can't say enough good things about KT77s. Some people may not like them because they take away some of that saturation, but I like how they are in my cobra.

Comment

Sweet! I've got a KT77 in my THD Univalve head and love it. I don't think they're really much less saturated than an EL34, just a little less aggressive.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have talk to him several times and he is a cool dude for sure.
            Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I've asked him random questions about ENGL gear and he is always extremely helpful.

Comment

well, i guess i'll stick with the el34s then...to my ears, the cobra wouldn't really benefit from less saturation, plus i don't think the bottom end needs to be tightened up thanks though...

Comment

Working...
                X