Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"tightening" the low end/palm mutes... LANEY GH100TI inside...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see and read alot of serious dudes using Maxons to slam the front of some brutal boutique heads..

They must be doing something right..

I need to investigate this ..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

uh...an ENGL Blackmore will do the trick

Comment

An Engl Blackmore used as booster?
        Now will jump in Fragle saying it's a treble booster!

Comment

the Blackmore is very articulate IMO, hence it suits the palm muted riff style very well.

Comment

Yup, the Wylde MXR Distortion does the trick indeed; you should also try to use some compressor.
            I don't know much about laney, but if your amp is a valve one, try to go see some tech to load it with KT88 valves, those are really badass tubes. ^^

Comment

Thanks for all the advice I bought the MXR Zakk Wylde, and it does the trick real good... The only drawback is the wild wild wild feedback that the MXR gain + Laney gain produce... Even the ISP Decimator (stompbox) can't hush it.
              So... Any idea what kind of noise gate could help me out?

Comment

Originally posted by Hellswrath View Post
                Thanks for all the advice I bought the MXR Zakk Wylde, and it does the trick real good... The only drawback is the wild wild wild feedback that the MXR gain + Laney gain produce... Even the ISP Decimator (stompbox) can't hush it.
                So... Any idea what kind of noise gate could help me out?
                Try running the level Higher and the Gain low. .... I run the level at 3 oclock and the gain at 9 oclock or less and have little noise problems at all.......
                "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

That's what I was about to say. You certainly know Kirk Windstein uses a Boss MT-2 to overdrive his lead sounds, and he puts the gain to 0 and the level to max. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Valeck View Post
                    That's what I was about to say. You certainly know Kirk Windstein uses a Boss MT-2 to overdrive his lead sounds, and he puts the gain to 0 and the level to max. ^^
                    As do Cannibal Corpse.

Comment

Originally posted by axeman81 View Post
                      the Blackmore is very articulate IMO, hence it suits the palm muted riff style very well.
                      Yeah, I know the articulation Engl amps have. I've a Fireball. My post was just a joke about some threads about the Blackmore we had here.

Comment

Right Chad

Comment

Actually, the gain on the MXR ain't that high... I even backed the gain on the Laney.
                          I'll try this zero gain & max level thing tonight though!
                          Thanks all!

Comment

Originally posted by Mordor View Post
                            Yeah, I know the articulation Engl amps have. I've a Fireball. My post was just a joke about some threads about the Blackmore we had here.
                            I know what you meant, but I decided to clarify my point anyway

I'm just waiting for Fragle to make a post about how he found out that his Cobra is actually a pile of shit, and that there is some other amp that kicks its ass completely!
                            Last edited by axeman81; 12-05-2006, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Well dude, there is always a better amp! Sadly for my financials!

Comment

Originally posted by Hellswrath View Post
                                Actually, the gain on the MXR ain't that high... I even backed the gain on the Laney.
                                I'll try this zero gain & max level thing tonight though!
                                Thanks all!
                                So, how did it work ?

Comment

Working...
                                X