Mesa 50 cal mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 50 cal mods?

I"m looking to do something with my 6L6 50 cal+, anyone ever see one modded? If so, what was it? I'm looking for something like what voodoo does with the new mesas.

Any amp can be modded. You need to define what it is you want out of it and what you think it's current shortcomings are. Until you know that, modding for the sake of modding is pointless.

Comment

Have you heard the new voodoo Mesas? there you go. The most notable improvement, for me at least would be more articulate/defined/clear single notes, I would love to be able to get through a solo without living in the mud.

Comment

get the 50 cal with EL84's instead of 6L6's and you won't want to do anything to it but try different types of tubes.
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
          get the 50 cal with EL84's instead of 6L6's and you won't want to do anything to it but try different types of tubes.
          +1. EL84s kick ass!
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well, I have the 50 cal + with 6L6's already. Actually, I paid 75 bucks for it because the elmo band that had it thought it was broken.... heh. But yeah, EL84's would be nice.... How about re-biasing it?

Comment

Mesa's are fixed bias (you could mod it to have an adjustable bias...pretty common with these) so that's not an option. If you choose not to add that function, you should run Mesa tubes or Groove Tubes with a rating of 4-6 for optimum performance.

Comment

Ok, so apparently I'm ahead of you here, thats the point, I want to mod it up a bit. I'm fimiliar with tube mods to an extent, I've done a few cool things to my MP1, but that was with a pretty good walkthrough, thanks the everything being readily available, thanks adadepot...... Come to think of it, I haven't been able to find much of any good literature on the 50 cals.

Comment

Working...
                X