X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New amp and cabinet!!!

Marshall 1966b wheat grain grill
    Sovtek Mig60 head

Dudes and dudettes....the Mig60 KILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Excellent gain, great tone, you can turn it up!!!
    It sounds alot like a Marshall JCM800 2203/4
    Actually, it sounds exactly like one.
    It has enough gain to do alot of genre's of metal. For the super heavy stuff you can add a pedal in front.
    To my ears.. it has the gain and tone to handle anything from Judas Priest right up to Defenders of the Faith.
    I remember when these amps were cheap cheap cheap!! Mig 60's and Mig 100's were bargain basement cheap. Like $150.00 at the local store cheap!! Check Ebay now!!
    A typical Mig 60 sells for over $400.00+ all day long.
    I guess people caught on.
    The one I just got is mint. Its light, portable, made very well and totally gig worthy. Its my first Mig and I have to say I am very impressed.

Now.. on to the 1966b
    Wheat grain grill, loaded with Celestion G12T-75's . Its a 2 x 12 straight cab, closed back and 8 ohms.
    The speakers are positioned one in each corner like my Randall 2 x 12 cabs.
    This cabinet ROCKS. No rattles, no wierd overtones, no farts. Its straight up tight and projects sound very well. It also has a very nice thump to it.
    I tried it with the Sovtek and it sounds great. I tried it with my Vetta combo and my Vetta HD and my block letter 5150 and it KILLS. Small, portable, not heavy and built extremely well. This is one nice cabinet.
    Here is a pic of them both.
    Last edited by jgcable; 12-02-2006, 09:09 PM.

Damn! that was quick. Joe called me today and asked if I was interested. I thought about it for a minute for the Sovtek, but I really don't have a need for it right now. I have to come by and hear it. Cool looking grill on the cab.
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Originally posted by sambencuda View Post
      Damn! that was quick. Joe called me today and asked if I was interested. I thought about it for a minute for the Sovtek, but I really don't have a need for it right now. I have to come by and hear it. Cool looking grill on the cab.

Jim, you would be very impressed. Like I said.. this is my first Mig.
      Now I know why they sell for so much lately.
      It rips big and it is really light and portable.
      The cabinet is amazing and its so small. Its much smaller than my Randall 2 x 12's. It is only around 8" taller than the Mesa 3/4 back 1 x 12 and its the same in with. Not very heavy either. Its the ultimate gigging cabinet if you are looking for a 2 x 12.

Comment

Sweet. I also have a 1966b, though mine has the black grill. They are nice, especially considering they weigh next to nothing (compared to my Mesas anyway...)

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
          Sweet. I also have a 1966b, though mine has the black grill. They are nice, especially considering they weigh next to nothing (compared to my Mesas anyway...)
          Yea, this is a lightweight cabinet. BTW.. my mistake, it has Celestion G12T-75's in it.

Comment

That is an unusual grillcloth for the cab, I've not seen one like that before but I did have artist heads that had that cloth in front.

Comment

Nice amp dude! I've been wanting a Mig 60 for a long time.
              Did see a Mig 100 not too long ago in for repair (wasn't for sale) at my amp techs place, those are full size like a standard 100 Super Lead Marshall.

Comment

Originally posted by MSGfan View Post
                Nice amp dude! I've been wanting a Mig 60 for a long time.
                Did see a Mig 100 not too long ago in for repair (wasn't for sale) at my amp techs place, those are full size like a standard 100 Super Lead Marshall.

The Mig 60 is small like a Mesa Mark III shorthead. Its taller though and MUCH lighter.

Comment

Very cool! Watch out though, a lot of the components are of dubious quality like the switches and sockets. A lot of guys buy those to mod the hell out of, since they used to be cheap and plentiful. Great score!

Pete

Comment

Nice looking cab. Prob sounds huge because it is huge for a 2X12!

Edit: That head must be TINY if that cabinet is as small as you say!
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

The 50's were even smaller yet. I have not seen nor played through one in about 10 years, but it struck me as being capable of some nice cleans as well. Very loud amps.

Comment

a guy who plays in our same rehearsal building has a Mig100 and it is a serious amp. total balls, very in-your-face sounding. I liked it.
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Looks like a candidate to send to Mark Cameron !!!! legendary tone for about $800 for when said and done...

Good score !

Steve E

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
                            Very cool! Watch out though, a lot of the components are of dubious quality like the switches and sockets. A lot of guys buy those to mod the hell out of, since they used to be cheap and plentiful. Great score!

Pete

I checked the sockets and the jacks and they are all high quality.
                            The power and standby switches are plastic but they aren't the cheapest I have ever seen. All in all.. its a very well made amp, especially when compared to many of todays modern tube amps.

Comment

Originally posted by Robotechnology View Post
                              Nice looking cab. Prob sounds huge because it is huge for a 2X12!

Edit: That head must be TINY if that cabinet is as small as you say!
                              Ivan, the cabinet is tiny. Its 24H x24W x12D
                              The head is 9H x 20.5W x 9D

Comment

Working...
                              X