Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good reliable power amp for use with floor processors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good reliable power amp for use with floor processors?

Hey guys, on top of my 5150/Triple XXX debate, I'm also thinking of maybe buying a better poweramp than my Rocktron Velocity 120 and giving my Pod XT Live another chance, or alternatively picking up a GT-6 or GT-8, since from what I have tried, I prefer the Boss units over the Pod XT Live...

So what would you guys recommend as a power amp for the XT Live or Boss units? SS or tube, doesn't matter to me, would like to keep it around or below $500.

Also, somewhat related question, is the GT-8 really worth the extra $150 they seem to go for on eBay?

Wow, I didn't notice the very similar Pod XT thread on the same page, haha...oh well, my question is SLIGHTLY different I suppose, so still any help is appreciated.

Comment

I think the GT8 pwns the XTL. Just my opinion though. Look for a peavey classic 60/60 poweramp, cheap and good, just kinda on the heavy side. I have a Mosvalve 962 and it's pretty good, but it's light. not sure how it would compare to the Rocktron.

Pete

Comment

I've been using my pedalboard, based around an ART Xtreme, through a mono Peavey Classic 60. All of the Peavey Classic amps (combo, head, power amp) handle pedals extremely well. I've never tried using a modeler, but the analog Xtreme pedal sounds amazing run that way.
        sigpic

Comment

Carvin T100 is a great affordable choice. Its not extremely heavy either.
          Prepare to break your back with a Peavey 60/60.

Comment

Working...
          X