X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor man's Bogner Ecstasy ?

what's the best alternative for a Bogner Ecstasy, if there's such a thing

I was thinking maybe Rivera K-Tre ...

I think people say that the Carvin Legacy has some ecstasy in it.
    "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Legacy, but it's two channels, the Bogner is 3 and has a billion different options.

Comment

In my opinion there isn't one....I put it off and off looking for an alternative...eventually ended up with the real deal. Sure there are some killer amps to be had for a cheaper price but its not an Ecstasy...

If the Ecstasy is what you have to have look for used ones on eBay and save some coin, that swhat I ended up doing.
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
          In my opinion there isn't one....I put it off and off looking for an alternative...eventually ended up with the real deal. Sure there are some killer amps to be had for a cheaper price but its not an Ecstasy...

If the Ecstasy is what you have to have look for used ones on eBay and save some coin, that swhat I ended up doing.
          cool, I just looked at your website, great stuff

I'd like to know if you did any of the recordings with the Ecstasy ?

Comment

Vetta

I had to say it...

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post

+1,000 to everything he said.

Comment

Originally posted by FSU_Seminoles View Post
                cool, I just looked at your website, great stuff

I'd like to know if you did any of the recordings with the Ecstasy ?
                nope...all of those clips where done on a J-Station with the exception of the Jeff Beck cover...that was a Marshall 2203
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Always dig hittin your site and checkin your stuff Shawn.. Nice work..

Comment

A 15 watt Randall combo with the Bogner module. It's as cheap as it gets.

Comment

I have only played one XTC and I think it was a 101B. I also own a Legacy, and have owned it for 6 years. I didn't think the XTC (the one I tried at least) sounded anything like the Legacy. In fact, I walked away prefering my Legacy (I use 6L6 in my Legacy) better than the XTC.

Comment

A Bogner XTC will sound EXACTLY like a Bogner XTC..and that's well..about it.
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Anyone here own one? I am curious if you think the amp sounds similar to the clips on bogner's site. Most were not very impressive tone wise.
                          "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Originally posted by fr0sty View Post
                            Anyone here own one? I am curious if you think the amp sounds similar to the clips on bogner's site. Most were not very impressive tone wise.

"Clips..I don't put much faith in clips my man..clips can give you an idea what the amp is capable of..BUT, you must keep in mind that is not you playing, you don't know how it was recorded and EQd and so forth..

I hear GREAT amps sound like shit and shit amps sound GREAT with clips..

To know what a amp really sound like..you must be playing that fuck up close and personal..with your face right in the cab..and that's it..

Now I know a dude with a XTC..sounds fuggin' great..I had my face in his cab..sounds like a refined old mashall ala "Flick of the switch" to my ears..I said that and the dude smiled because that's excatly what tone he goes for..

Now I can get "close" with my Uberschall by backing the gain to about 10:00 but it still doesn't sound quite like the XTC..

I played a Legacy, ..after John and I played that amp for 10 minutes..we just looked at each other, rolled our eyes and said no way man..but that's just us..and we have our slight personal difference in tone, due to our playing styles ..we both have great amps/tone for our own personal needs..

Now I thought every Uber "clip" sounded like crap on the Bogner site..but a old JCF member Thingman posted his and perked my interest..there was one on Ebay just a a couple hours from me..so I check it out and threw down 2k on it so fast it would make your head spin..I never heard a more .

IMO..I NEVER heard, played or owned a more girthy, organic BRUTAL amp than the Uber, ...but that's what I like ..it's sounds like what a recto/5150 should sound like to me..but there is no dodging the cost..if you want that tone you gotta pay for it..it's a matter of how bad you want it and if you have the finacial means to get it..there is no shortcuts.

All amps sound different..they all have their own tone and sig..and one can not duplicate the other..period!

Believe me, my good man John G could dial up his best Uber tone with the Vetta, I'm sure it would sound great ..but if I was right next to him..it would be apples to oranges..I assure you.

Bill Z Bub

BTW..I will be test driving a Peavey JSX head this week..I will give you my honest opinion..I'm going to try to get the tightest, baddest tone out of it for my style of "metal"..so wish me luck..I have a feeling I'll be impressed..I heard such great things about them from very credible players..fuck, I may buy it if it's that good!!
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                              BTW..I will be test driving a Peavey JSX head this week..I will give you my honest opinion..I'm going to try to get the tightest, baddest tone out of it for my style of "metal"..so wish me luck..I have a feeling I'll be impressed..I heard such great things about them from very credible players..fuck, I may buy it if it's that good!!
                              I hope you dislike it.. lol. I've heard too many positive things about the JSX recently and I don't need anymore amps! More positive reviews of it result in me getting more and more interested in it.

Comment

Working...
                              X