No announcement yet.

Poor man's Bogner Ecstasy ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's the coolest thing ever, 4 orange VHT 1 1/2 stacks (4 heads, 4 4x12 cabs and 4 2x12 cabs) + monster player.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

yeah Bill you need a Bogner Uber 4x12 cause the what?...15 or 20 4x12's you have right now are not enough

I've seen those Orange VHT's before. I like the 3/4 stack look...2x12 fatbottoms on the bottom with the 4x12's on top sorta like this

shawnlutz.com

Comment

Yeah shawn, that's Tak Matsumoto's rig
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
          yeah Bill you need a Bogner Uber 4x12 cause the what?...15 or 20 4x12's you have right now are not enough

I've seen those Orange VHT's before. I like the 3/4 stack look...2x12 fatbottoms on the bottom with the 4x12's on top sorta like this

..I hear ya Shawn. Yeah I have 5 Marshall cabs just an arms reach from me..and I love 'em..

But I need at least ONE Uberkab for my Bogner..especially after looking at your half stack..it's just beautiful..I'll be getting one thru a friend and selling my 1960a slant to Cleveland John..most likely.

Hopefully this guy will pick Bogner over the Deizel for his endorsment ..so I can at least get me a cab out of the deal..

He said he could order me one even if he did go with Deizel..he's coming over this week to give it another test drive..

Lookin' real good there Shawn..

Bill Z
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

E..Tak Matsumoto's rig does look cool as hell..his name doesn't ring any bells..I may have his stuff..and wouldn't know it..

what band is he in..without me google-ing it..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bill, Tak Matsumoto is a Japanese guitar hero, he is as big as EVH in Asia. He has sold about 80 million albums total with his different bands.
              His best known band is B'Z wich is the biggest pop-rock act in Japan right now, Billy Sheehan was their bassist in 2002 tour. They sell out every single show. And they pretty much do stadium gigs all the time.
              He has is own Tak Matsumoto Group where Eric Martin from Mr. Big sings.

Tak is the only guitar player who has played on Steve Vai's solo album, it was The Ultra Zone, the song is "Asian Sky" wich also featured B'Zs singer.

He is the biggest guitar god after Akira Takasaki in Japan.
              He is the first Asian to have his own signature Gibson Les Paul.
              Last edited by Endrik; 12-06-2006, 05:01 PM.

Comment

I only know his name from the Epiphone Elite Les Paul model in his name, that I saw in Musician's Friend. May have to research.
                I'm not Ron!

Comment

I have 5 4x12's too Bill....I just dig them. I wasn't too keen on the look of my Bogner 1/2 stack but the price was right...I got that 4x12 for $575.00 and a pretty good deal a few months later on the 101B...sorta grew on me. I like classic looks but honestly if it sounds good thats all that matters.

The yellow rig is on VHT' site.. CUSTOM BUILT VHT BACKLINE
                  FOR #1 JAPANESE RECORDING ARTISTS
                  B'z
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

my stadium rig

Comment

Shawn, for that price you just can't pass that up. I think Marshall cabs go for more now, it's been a while since I bought one!!

Hopefully I'll be able to score a new one at a decent price, thru my guy..selling my slant cab will help..it's dead mint and I even have the cover for it ..so moving it won't be an issue...I got the head..I just need the bottom...It's only right!

E, Thanks for the Info..I will put on Steve Vai's "Asian Sky"and check him out..I have several asian metal bands like Concerto Moon, Sabre Tiger, Double Dealer , EZO, Ark Storm, Vigilante, , Shadow and of course Loudness..all great players really.. but I don't think I ever came across Tak's work or his band B'Z and I am B'Z'Bub..thanks for the heads up..I must investigate!!

I like it when I get turned on..ummm..to good players/bands I don't know about..

B'Z Bub..

Comment

well, he is one of my fav. players, he is very melodic and has a very cool style and he can play everything...traditional/folk music, blues, jazz, fusion, classical (has played with symphonic orchestra), pop, rock...whatever.

Check these videos:
                        this is his band with Eric Martin, Tak's solo starts about 2:40, he doesn't shred on this one but you'll get the idea about his playing style
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3Du-gAlcZA

and this is a world music stuff where he plays amazingly beautiful melodies
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPWMpcNbXTY

Comment

thats kickass stuff Endrik...thanks for posting that..
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

yup, it does kick ass

btw. Tak's main rig right now is Bogner Ecstasty with Bogner cab

Comment

Working...
                            X