Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celestion g12k-100 ??

Hi

I chatted with Peter Stapfer from Diezel Amps yesterday and he recommended those speakers to me for downtunging , fast , tight playing , as they have no breakup , are pure and (wonder if i understood him correctly because this makes me wonder) have more mids as v30's and track faster as those.

Anybody can share their thoughts on those speakers ?

I would think they would respond tighter as do older higher wattage speaks like EVL-12, Fanes and the like. How the voice coil and magnet makes it sound would depend on a number of things.

Comment

I use the G12K-85s, and they're very tight, and clean - good for seven strings w/fast playing. I'd imagine the 100s would be similar. Another similar speaker is the Mesa C90...
      Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

and how are the mids on that thing ? more mids like v30 or more in the vein of g12t-75 ?

I'm searching for something that's really clear and clean sounding , has really tight bass , if possible then much mids please - I am not a scooper

definitely low tuned deathmetal (not overly low , talking about C# and 7 strings) in really fast tempos - well maybe not hate eternal but 240/250 bpm for sure.

Until now the vintage 30's in my rectocab (standard , oversized ... i know i know ) haven't gave me the sound i was looking for).

How are the eminence v12 compared to those ?

Can you make the rectocab tight at all with any speakers ? because v30's are tight... just not in this cab.

Comment

The best speakers for the Rectocab are, IMO, the Mesa C90s. The G12Ks have a mid that's somewhere between the ugly spike of the V30 and the G12Ts.

If you're looking to tighten the bottom up, let me ask you a question - have you tried the "run a TS-808 in front" trick?

Comment

If you're looking to tighten the bottom up, let me ask you a question - have you tried the "run a TS-808 in front" trick?
            it's not the matter of the amp , believe me , thesavage is a tight amp , my other amp is tight aswell but it produces insane amounts of bass and the rectocab does not handle those well.

The thing i'm after is a cab that reproduces all the frequencies in the same time (without the bass-delay of a rectocab) and is clear at the same time

Comment

Hmm. You probably want the Recto Standard with C90s, (or maybe Classic Lead 80s, but the top's a little "smoother" on those) then. The G12K-100s may do it for you

Comment

Working...
              X