No announcement yet.

Mesa Quad vs SansAmp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been using a Sansamp PSA-1 for several years now and love it. I actually tried a Quad before I bought the Sansamp but chose the Sansamp for versatility and it takes up a lot less space in the rack. The Sansamp runs through a Mesa 2:90 poweramp so I still get a little of that Mesa vibe. I ran a Digitech TSR-24 for years but just replaced it with a TC G-Force. Big big improvement there.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockinloud View Post
      I've been using a Sansamp PSA-1 for several years now and love it. I actually tried a Quad before I bought the Sansamp but chose the Sansamp for versatility and it takes up a lot less space in the rack. The Sansamp runs through a Mesa 2:90 poweramp so I still get a little of that Mesa vibe. I ran a Digitech TSR-24 for years but just replaced it with a TC G-Force. Big big improvement there.

+1 Pretty much the same here, except I'm using the 2:100 Mesa power amp or I'll switch over to the VHT 2/90/2.
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

seems like the PSA-1 is pretty popular...but finding ANY information on it regarding its use in a live guitar rig is almost non-existant! i know i bought mine because i heard of a lot of people that used it, but i never really heard it in person (or to my knowledge on recordings! LOL) i picked it up for 125 bucks, and i knew it was a steal...good thing i really like it though seems like one of those pieces of gear that people dont really talk about much. a "best kept secret" kinda thing.
        My metal band Lucian Scott
        Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
        Available Now!
        New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

I've never tried mesa pre-amps, so i don't know about them.
          But PSA-1... I went to see my friend, and he had PSA-1 on his rack,
          after 10secs i knew that i want PSA-1!
          Sound was amazing! I really love the marshall presets: 1,3,5 and 8.
          When i got my unit, my rig was:
          guitar -> psa-1 -> digitech RP-20 to Tech21 trademark 120 (fx return)
          I used RP-20 for effects only, the sound was maybe little "muddy", but still very nice.
          Don't know that does GSP 2101 do this?
          Anyway, not so long after i bought TC G-Major and the difference was HUGE!!!
          Crystal clear effects/tone!!!
          And when i got my Marshall 9200 tube poweramp..
          It's all i need
          http://www.witheredwithin.com
          http://www.myspace.com/witheredwithinband

Comment

Working...
          X