Ernie Ball Volume Pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ernie Ball Volume Pedal

Okay, I did a search and couldn't find anything, so I'm going to buy a volume pedal and alot of people have suggested the EB Volume pedal, so I looked into it and I don't know which one to buy, theres the 6166 Mono one, and then theres this 'VP Jr. 25k Pots' or something. It says that it is made for guitars with active EMGs (Schecter Hellraiser) electronics, now I have 1 guitar with actives in it, does that mean I have to get the VP Jr. one just for that guitar?
    Last edited by donvandam; 12-10-2006, 04:24 PM.

From the EB website FAQ:

Q: When would I use an active (25k) pedal as opposed to a 250k/500k "passive" pedal, and why?

A: Passive vs. Active: Whenever there is a passive signal leading into an EB pedal, the 250K or 500K pedal is recommended (mono VP & VPJR 250K and stereo 500K VP pedals available). Whenever there is an active signal (powered preamp, powered pedal, effects loop, etc.) leading into an EB pedal, the 25K pot is recommended (stereo VP and mono VPJR pedals available). If an active signal is placed before a 250K or 500K EB pedal, or if a passive signal is placed before a 25K EB pedal, then the consequence may be that the swell of the pedal does not act as designed. Either way, as stated above, try whatever combination you desire, and determine if it works for you. All of our volume pedals are designed to be as transparent as possible in a signal chain. However, whenever you add any component to a signal chain, the signal will change whether it is audible or not.

Comment

So that means I have to buy 2 different volume pedals?

Comment

I've ran a 250k EB pedal for years with my EMG 81s and PA-2 preamps (all my guitars have that setup). Works ok as far as I can see. No swell malfunctions or anything, and I'm prettttty finicky about stuff. No, ummm "consequences" that I found here.

Comment

Working...
        X