ohm setting for jcm 900/4500 and 4x12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ohm setting for jcm 900/4500 and 4x12

sorry guys ,i really dont know if i have it set right or not.i dont understand ohms [4,8,16] so i took pics of how it is at the moment,as i fear i may have it wrong and dont want to hurt my amp.any help appreciated.

my kids go without food so i can collect guitars

Looks like you have your cab setting on stereo, which would actually cut the 16 ohms in half. Switch it to MONO, and keep it plugged into that jack and you'll be at 16 just like your amp.

Comment

Exactly right, switch to mono and your set with either jack.

Had the same setup with my 6100LM

Dont use in stereo!!!

Comment

thanks guys muchly appreciated

Comment

No, it looks like somebody has pulled the two outer power tubes in that amp, when that is done, the power is halved, but the ohm load is also, so if the amp is set to 16 the cab should be 8, etc. Or is load doubled, when two tubes are pulled, better make sure?
          Last edited by jacksonaxes; 12-13-2006, 05:12 AM.
          METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonaxes View Post
            No, it looks like somebody has pulled the two outer power tubes in that amp, when that is done, the power is halved, but the ohm load is also, so if the amp is set to 16 the cab should be 8, etc. Or is load doubled, when two tubes are pulled, better make sure?
            amp is only a 50w.thats how they came from factory well the 4500 anyway

Comment

So those two outer tube sockets are not wired up? If not then set the amp switch to 4 ohms, then set the cab to mono, and plug into the socket on the cab marked 4 ohms.
              Last edited by jacksonaxes; 12-13-2006, 10:51 AM.
              METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

ok now im lost lol 16[head]/16[cab] or 4[head]/4[cab]?and the other two sockets are not wired up.

Comment

Either way, as long as the setting on the head matches the setting on the cab, a amp will usually produce it,s maximum power at the lowest ohm (load) rating, although this is mainly true of solid state amps, that,s why I said 4 0hm, but the main thing would be to just make sure to use the same load setting on both the amp, and cab.
                  METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

ok ,thank u very much

Comment

Working...
                    X