Amps that don't get much love...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amps that don't get much love...

Show me an amp that doesn't get much love from others but YOU love.

Here's my 1983 Mesa Boogie S.O.B. 100 watter...not the prettiest but very reliable with a great clean tone that works well with my GT-8

my rivera's!!!! they are SO awesome, but get little love in "heavy music" circles. the newer ones do, but not the older ones for some reason....

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

My Crate GX900H Excalibur SS head. As soon as most people hear "Crate", their eyes roll, and they groan, but this thing has tons of gain, and is rather versatile. Yeah, I'd like to eventually slip into a Marshall DSL head or even a Laney AOR, to go with my cab, but for now, this suits me just fine, and I like it better than our other guitarist's JCM 900.

I'm not Ron!

Comment

Have not heard this head yet but I have the 2x12 combo it was loosely based on and even though I don't use it much the tone is killer from clean to molten metal dirty...Can't wait to hear this because it has excellent features. Looks very hot too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

My Crate Blue Voodoo 60. Sounds killer, especially with KT66 tubes, gets plenty of gain.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            My Crate Blue Voodoo 60. Sounds killer, especially with KT66 tubes, gets plenty of gain.

So why are you selling it then?
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

My Mesa/Boogie DC-5...great bang for the buck. 2 channels, 50w , sweet cleans, 6L6's. Only people who seem to like them are the people who own them
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                My Mesa/Boogie DC-5...great bang for the buck. 2 channels, 50w , sweet cleans, 6L6's. Only people who seem to like them are the people who own them

The other guitarist in a band I was in had one of those. Sounded great. He had a Fat Kat distortion pedal and his RG550 sounded killer through them.
                THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                  So why are you selling it then?
                  It sounds great, but I only play at home now and don't really need it. It didn't sell here or on ebay, so I guess I'll just keep it then unless someone wants it really bad.

Comment

Shame I can't afford it. I dig the Blue Voodoos. Just out of curiosity, how much ARE you asking?
                    I'm not Ron!

Comment

$450 shipped.

Comment

Looking for any trades?
                        I'm not Ron!

Comment

Not really at the moment, but PM with what you've got for possible trade.

Comment

I figure, at the very least, if I don't have something or the cash, maybe in close proximity to me might. I'll shoot you a PM, just in case.
                            I'm not Ron!

Comment

clear violation of the general thread rule toejam. Go to the classified section to pimp your products for sale....fukkin newbies I tell ya
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                              X