Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engl Fireball?

who has one?
    i will be getting one towards the end of December and i cant wait!
    and if you DO have one...can you post some pictures of it to hold me over while i wait? haha..

any reviews or other such things are also appreciated!
    thanks guys.

I have a Fireball and the ENGL standard cabinet, it has the perfect sound for my bands - one is brutal technical death metal, the other melodic death.

Have you tried the search function? I remember there have been several threads about the Fireball in the past.
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

i used the search function but i want pictures! hahaha

i found lots of useful info about it too...

Comment

I've got one. Great sounding amp. I've considered selling it but I'm still mixed. I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow. It's definetly a "ronco" amp (i.e., set it and forget it).

Comment

Great amp. its a powerhouse with plenty of gain to your disposoal
          www.myspace.com/dawnofretaliation
          Norwegian death metal

Comment

new Blackmore owner here I've tried the Fireball too and I really like it, but a certain german framus owner on the JCF (*cough*) complained that it lacks guts when you start pushing the volume on it. Got the Blackmore myself because it is more versatile and has more power. (and I got a cracking good deal on it!)

good luck with your FB, ENGL sure makes some of the nicest amps in the biz.

Comment

lol
              actually, believe it or not, i kinda wish i still had the blackmore. it didn't floor me right out of the box, like the cobra does, but that's just a matter of taste. maybe i could have tweaked it more to my likings with some further outboard processing and different tubes....but then again, i still think the 5150 i sold the blackmore for kicks the shit out of it when it comes to balls to the wall metal
              5150 clean SUCKS though, while the clean and low gain sounds of the blackmore are even better than on my framus...imho.

now, i don't want to bash any of the fellow fireball owners around here, but in my not so humble opinion the fireball and to some degree the powerball lack balls and cut. the PB can compensate for it with sheer volume, but the 60w fireball just doesn't cut it...at least not when paired with any more midrangey amp, like marshall, vht, boogie, framus, bogner, soldano....you name it.

Comment

Originally posted by axeman81 View Post
                new Blackmore owner here I've tried the Fireball too and I really like it, but a certain german framus owner on the JCF (*cough*) complained that it lacks guts when you start pushing the volume on it. Got the Blackmore myself because it is more versatile and has more power. (and I got a cracking good deal on it!)

good luck with your FB, ENGL sure makes some of the nicest amps in the biz.
                Is that the same Framus owner who sold his ENGL Blackmore because in his opinion even with the presence down to zero it had too much highs and sounded thin?

Here's my humble opinion:
                The only thing lacking guts when pushing the volume on my Fireball is ME... because the Fireball then has ripped my balls right of and plastered them to the wall behind me.
                Last edited by shadowcat; 12-15-2006, 03:09 PM. Reason: oops, I didn't even read on to see Fragle's response, sorry. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Fragle View Post
                  lol
                  actually, believe it or not, i kinda wish i still had the blackmore. it didn't floor me right out of the box, like the cobra does, but that's just a matter of taste. maybe i could have tweaked it more to my likings with some further outboard processing and different tubes....but then again, i still think the 5150 i sold the blackmore for kicks the shit out of it when it comes to balls to the wall metal
                  5150 clean SUCKS though, while the clean and low gain sounds of the blackmore are even better than on my framus...imho.

now, i don't want to bash any of the fellow fireball owners around here, but in my not so humble opinion the fireball and to some degree the powerball lack balls and cut. the PB can compensate for it with sheer volume, but the 60w fireball just doesn't cut it...at least not when paired with any more midrangey amp, like marshall, vht, boogie, framus, bogner, soldano....you name it.
                  And all of those cost quite alot more than the Fireball.
                  I would not say the Fireball is the best amp in the world, but it's exactly the tone I want and love. There was a Framus Cobra standing right next to the ENGLs in the shop, but I didn't see myself spending 800 Euros more for it.

So the key here is to not pair the Fireball with a more midrangey amp in the band... in my bands we don't, and get nice results.

Comment

Hey, the other guitar player of my old band used a Laney GH50L and my Fireball has been always up in the mix. I don't think that it lacks guts, imo opinion it has plenty of guts, as much as my single recto but in a total different way. They match nicely and give me lots of tone possibilities. I'm pretty sure Fragle is not the kind of guy that like the Engl voicing. After all it's just a matter of personal taste. I would never choose a 5150 over an Engl Fireball.

Comment

well, you're totally right, it IS indeed solely a matter of taste.
                      yes, i thought the blackmore was rather bright sounding even with the presence @ zero. now, i like bright (today moreso than back then when i still had the blackmore, though...), but to me the ENGLs have a glassy sounding highend, which on the one hand makes them sound very tight and clear, but on the other hand sounds thin to my ears.

"So the key here is to not pair the Fireball with a more midrangey amp in the band... in my bands we don't, and get nice results."
                      one of the best live sounds i've ever heared was an engl savage paired with a peavey triple xxx on the ultra channel. sounded damn heavy, but then again, those guys were kickass players (the forsaken)

"There was a Framus Cobra standing right next to the ENGLs in the shop, but I didn't see myself spending 800 Euros more for it."
                      yeah, sure thing....i only bought the framus because it was only 1200 euro (demo amp from musikmesse frankfurt, otherwise new)....i don't quite see me shelling out 1700 euro for a new one either

Comment

Working...
                      X