Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lexicon MPX G2

Hi

I do know that this effect is really legendary so i'm not asking if it's possible to get any good delays/reverbs out of this. The things i'd like to know :

How easy or hard is it to setup this thing - i read lots of reviews telling that it's a b!tch to setup etc. etc.

How good are the phaser's/flangers on this thing ? How good is the tube screamer ? Probably nothing beats the original versions of a TS/ mxr phase 90 etc but how close are those on the lexicon ?

Thanks in advance.

bump

noone uses/used the lexicon ?

Comment

Nope. :shrug:
      Scott

Comment

You need a manual in your hands to do things. I have an MPX-1. I went thru it once and messed with one preset. Wouldn't be able to do it again without the manual in my hands. As you know AWESOME sounds.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

[quote]Wouldn't be able to do it again without the manual in my hands. [/qoute]

You just scared me - i hardly go through 30 page instructions ... Lexicon's instruction in PDF has 180 pages

Comment

I always wondered about this effect unit. Yes Lexicon does some great units (look at the 960L studio effect unit!!) but honestly i never came across much talk about the G2. It's mostly about G-Major/G-Force, Rocktron or if you go into the higher price range, Eventide.
            I wonder why this processor seems to be quite overlooked.

Flo
            http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Originally posted by Infernal Death View Post
              I always wondered about this effect unit. Yes Lexicon does some great units (look at the 960L studio effect unit!!) but honestly i never came across much talk about the G2. It's mostly about G-Major/G-Force, Rocktron or if you go into the higher price range, Eventide.
              I wonder why this processor seems to be quite overlooked.

Flo
              It hasn't been made in quite some time, as Lexicon is no longer in the guitar fx business (concentrating on other stuff). Yes, the effects are supposed to be really top notch with great transparency. I believe also, that it has an option to keep your direct signal analog. Personally, I like the Rocktron stuff the best. Excellent fx quality and internal mixing capabilities giving you the option to either route your direct signal through the AD converters or keep it analog and mix it with the digital fx later.

I actually have an Intellifex AND the Xpression (basically a Replifex). I use the Intellifex for its lush chorous and reverb and the Xpression for everything else. The modulation stuff on the Xpression/Replifex, like flanger, etc., have that vintage MXR sound and feel to it. I like the Rockron stuff a lot. And you pick them up used on Ebay for a nice price!

Comment

but honestly i never came across much talk about the G2. It's mostly about G-Major/G-Force, Rocktron or if you go into the higher price range, Eventide.I wonder why this processor seems to be quite overlooked.
                IIRC the price on those when they were in production was quite high , now they're quite old but still have nice features i'd like to have in a multiFX (think mono in/out and then stereo in/outs so i can add a phaser pre gain and then run i.e. delays and reverbs after with a 2 amps rig :-) )

Then it was used quite a bit by professionals - maybe it's the non user friendly interface or the need to really know how to set it up that scares people off this thing ?

Anyway IIRC John Petrucci used this (not a fan of DT but this dude sure knows something about tone) and James Murphy from Testament said somewhere that it has the best sounding delays and choruses so ...

Comment

Working...
                X