No announcement yet.

Advice on processors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making the soundman miserable is not something to be avoided. At least not for a guitar player. It is part of your destiny.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I just bought a used rocktron mAXE processer and its not bad the cleans are nice and the distortion is very adjustable and very 80s.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
        As a soundman myself, convincing a guitar player to shoot his cab across the stage as you're doing is like pulling teeth most of the time. I haven't worked with you, but I still thank you for doing it, as the other guitarists that see you might be more inclined to try the same thing.

As for myself, I've always shot my rig across the stage and if possible I'll tilt it back against the wall to point it up towards my head. When I'm on the musician end of the musician/soundman equation I always remember the things I have to put up with when running sound.

As far as running direct goes, I ran my Chameleon direct a few times and got a great sound as long as I ran it through a Red Box. Otherwise it had this digital fuzz on the top end.
        I find that if I run my amp as a side fill, I am actually able to hear myself better, and with less volume. I'm no longer blasting my amp into the back of my head, and the soundmen bitch much less.
        I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by neverdunn View Post
          I think I'm going to try the new Rocktron Utopia this weekend. Seems pretty user friendly and I've liked their stuff in the past.
          What where your opinions on the Utopia?
          '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
          '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
          custom made Les Paul
          VOX Tonelab LE
          Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
          ADA MP1
          BBE 422A
          Lexicon MPX-G2
          ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
          Support Your Local 81

Comment

after reading on this forum, I went to the Johnson J-station (is it?) website and the sound clips sound pretty good. Might just get one.

For the moment, I am using a Line6 Guitarport and I think its wonderful. Its very configurable and you can customize it to be something awesome if you are willing to pay some money and download more amps and effects available online.
            Sam

Comment

Digitech GNX4 through a pair of Behringer Truth monitors. Fits the bill when I don't feel like messing with my amp/pedals or want to play along with backing tracks or mp3's. Tons of great patches available as well.
              My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Within a month, it will be Boss GT-8, POD xt Pro rack mnt, Roland G-20
                synth, and i still have the Digitech RP-12. If i ever pick up the G-minor
                ill have EVERYTHING~!

Comment

Working...
                X