help with getting the right pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with getting the right pedal

So here is what i got. Excuse me for my lack of knowlege in this area. I just bought a new Peavey Classic 50 212. I cant seem to get the Metallica sound out of it. I was able to come close with my VOX Valtronix practice amp. Any ideas what pedal or correct settings for my amp will get that sound. Im using a DK1 with a EMG set up. So i know its not the guitar. Thanks for your time.

Your amp isn't going to do that sound on it's own. If you're looking for that tone really loud, get another amp. For bedroom practice, you could probably get a metal zone and get that high end scoopy thrash thing going. One other option is to put a graphic EQ in the loop in a 'V' shape, and put a boost pedal in front of the classic 50. One other thing you can try is to cut all the mids and boost the bass and treble on your overdrive channel. But really, that isn't the right amp for what you want it to do. Couldn't you tell by looking at it and the name "Classic" that it's more for classic rock and blues than metal?

Pete

Pete

Comment

Keep that amp though, you can get some really great non-metal sounds from them.

Comment

That is a AWSOME amp for everything........ except for what you wanna do.........
        "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Nice amp. Short term solution from buying another amp would be a distortino pedal. I would recommend an MXR Zakk Wylde, a Hughes & Kettner Nu Metal Distortion, a Boss Metal Zone, or a Marshall JH-1 Jackhammer over drive pedals. You may actually be able to push a Metallica tone from the amp using a combo of an MXR Distortion+ and your amps distortion. I would also recommend putting something liek a Boss or MXR KFK equalizer in with the OD pedal as well.

Comment

Line 6 Uber Metal. I tried a lot of "metal" pedals and I really like this one.

Comment

AMT Extreme III.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

yeah what they said.... and another vote for the Ubermetal and the metal zone

Comment

Another vote here for the Uber Metal...

Comment

Working...
                  X