HK Switchblade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HK Switchblade

Any users here? I'm a guy who likes convenience of FX and tube amp in one simple package. I'm wondering if patch switching is seemless with no lag. I doubt it features delay spillover. OK.. chime in.

The demo on their website sounds great.
    I wonder if these effects work as good as what I hear from the demo.

Comment

Vetta

I had to say it.

Comment

That's been your "signature" this year. The Vetta is more than I'll use.

Yes, the HK demo is impressive but so are most website's sounds. I trust feedback here more than manufacturer examples and email replies.
        Years ago I spent about 3 months investigating the POD PRO and talking to Line6 reps. When I got mine in (none were in stores to demo) I was disappointed. The patch switching had a brief but noticeable lag. I was sold on it's sounds & seemless feature as told by the rep.

Comment

Originally posted by catzodellamarina View Post
          That's been your "signature" this year. The Vetta is more than I'll use.

Yes, the HK demo is impressive but so are most website's sounds. I trust feedback here more than manufacturer examples and email replies.
          Years ago I spent about 3 months investigating the POD PRO and talking to Line6 reps. When I got mine in (none were in stores to demo) I was disappointed. The patch switching had a brief but noticeable lag. I was sold on it's sounds & seemless feature as told by the rep.
          A common statement is "The Vetta is more than I'll use".
          I'll venture a guess and say that statement is wrong.
          Most guitarists need and want what the Vetta has to offer. Its figuring all that crap out that scares most of them away. I wasn't scared and I now have enjoyed PERFECT tone at home, in the studio, at rehearsal and live for over 1 year which is a HUGE accomplishment for an amp whore like me.
          I actually own 2 Vetta's currently. I mainly use my combo along with a Marshall 1966a cab with everything set up in stereo.

Comment

catzo, as another Vetta player, I'll agree fully here w/ John.

the Vetta was designed with what players want.

but H&K make some great stuff. anything made in Germany has my vote.
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Yea, I'm not bashing the Switchblade. It's probably a fine amp.

Comment

Well I tried emailing HK but their spam filter is the so picky I couldn't write note that would pass inspection.

Comment

Working...
                X