Fulltone OCD????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fulltone OCD????

Anyone have one of these? Any thoughts? I purchased a 70s Hiwatt DR103 Head and it work great with pedals. Great clean, even at high volumes. I already have a TS-9 and Boss HM-3. And I was looking for a Marshall in a box type tone. The sound samples for the OCD sound pretty good.

Dad picked up a dr103 a while back now, what an amp! Its the loudest thing I've heard still, so much headroom and clarity. I'd love to know what to use to get it sounding different/modern as its too good to not use!

Comment

Originally posted by bibz View Post
      Dad picked up a dr103 a while back now, what an amp! Its the loudest thing I've heard still, so much headroom and clarity. I'd love to know what to use to get it sounding different/modern as its too good to not use!
      The Boss Heavy Metal Pedal works pretty good for modern tones. I'm using a Boss Noise Suppresor pedal, and a Digitech PDS Delay and a Stereo Reverb. I have yet to try a Flanger/ Phaser or Chorus Pedal in combo with the Boss Heavy Metal Pedal...but that worked pretty well for Modern Gain on my old clean amps. That and a Closed back 4X12 Cab Loaded with Celestion Vintage 30s or Greenback 75s. David Gilmour used to use these amps with Pink Floyd with an Original Arbiter Fuzz Pedal for Distorted sounds. And the straight Hiwatt for clean tones. Another pedal that works good with a clean amp for Modern Sounds is the old Marshall Shredmaster Pedal....the Rocktron Silver Dragon Pedal is very cool for Shred sounds too.

Comment

Although if I had the cash a T-Rex Bloody Mary Distortion Pedal sounds pretty good. http://www.t-rex-engineering.com/def...w=page&id=2593

Comment

Thanks dude, I'll keep an eye out for those pedals. Just picked up a boss rod-10, 3 od's a dist and a fuzz in a half rack unit, sounds great! I'll have to try it through it too.

Comment

I've got an OCD, play it through my Marshall 30th. GREAT pedal, I love it!
            "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

I have about 11 pedals... if you told me to free up some cash and sell 7 or 8 pedals, the OCD would not be one of them. REALLY GOOD PEDAL!
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

I've heard great things about the v2 one, but the first version didn't do a whole lot for me.

Pete

Comment

that gt 350 he is coming out with sounds like it could be really cool.

Comment

Working...
                  X