Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me about the Engl blackmore. Is it for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me about the Engl blackmore. Is it for me?

I am very interested in this amp and debating on selling my cobra to fund one. I had an Engl SE, Engl Powerball, and an Engl Savage 120. Out of all of those, I liked the Savage 120 the best since it had the best high mids and was the tightest. However, I didn't think the Savage 120 was thick enough. I hear that the Blackmore has a simular sound to the Savage 120 which I like, but it is more throatier. Also, is the Blackmore a noisey amp? I have a decimator pedal that I could use in the loop. I play metal and I particularly like primal fear's tone (savage 120) but wondering if the blackmore would sound a tad thicker?

Thanks for the replies in advance,

Eric

I am interested in the blackmore too. Here is a clip I found on the hc amp forums today.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...ight=blackmore
    "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Believe it or not... the Blackmore sounds like the Mesa Mark IV lead channel to me (which is not a bad thing by the way). I owned a Savage 120 as well and now own a Special Edition head.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

actually, as far as i can remember the blackmore sounded thinner than the primal fear tone - in fact, their tone was one part of the reason why i even got an engl in the first place! it always sounded like a super hotrodded marshall (especially on black sun) which is right up my alley. unfortunately, the engl couln't quite deliver...imho. maybe it's possible to get there with some outboard processing. i'M tempted to say that my 5150 sounds closer to that especially black sun era primal fear tone than the blackmore....rhythm, that is. lead is engl all the way, if you're after their lead sound this is what you're gonna sound like with an engl.
        as for the noise, it's pretty quiet. kinda depends on the amount of gain you use, of course but IIRC it wasn't exactly a noisy amp even with the gain dimed.

btw, the search function is your friend

Comment

Working...
        X