Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying Chinese amps - a question of principle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's globalism, next stop, Africa
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Everything's made in China,and they'll take all over the world.Hold-on America
      I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

I buy USA when ever I can. My rig is all USA as far as I know. I would buy used USA stuff over crap made in China every day of the week. You won't find much in the way of USA made products at Target or Walmart because they dictate the price of the goods they sell. The manufacturers have no option but to take the the jobs overseas if they want those stores to carry their products. You can still buy Made in the USA clothing in the twin cities area at www.unionhouse.com
        Just thought I'd plug the USA made clothing.
        Last edited by MEX3; 01-06-2007, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Ron got me thinking about this a while back. I decided that I agreed with him, but there's not much I can do about it. EVERYTHING seems to be made in China these days. I just got my DOD Yngwie pedal in the mail yesterday, and guess what? That's right, made in China. How long will it be before Chrysler, Ford and GM move production to China? The way I see it, Chinese made products are super cheap because they have low or almost non-existent labor standards, and can get away with paying their employees almost nothing. As China continues on its inevitable path to capitalism, standard of living will improve, and labor laws will eventually follow suit. Manufacturing costs will increase, and the big corporations will find somewhere else to build their factories. I've pretty much decided that I'll enjoy the inexpensive products while I can. It's not worth the stress of worrying about it.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Oh, I *know* I own plenty of Chinese stuff. But when buying most products, I'm picking from a dozen different products that are virtually identical (clothes, household products, etc.) and - based on what I see on most store shelves - ALL built in China, Indonesia or Malaysia. I'm sure that there are Chinese components inside most of my gear, but the only thing in my rack that's made in China is my Furman M-8 Merit power conditioner. But it's a glorified power strip. At this point in the game, I don't think anyone's proprietary design was ripped off. Cheap labor doesn't bother me if the resulting product is still of good quality.

I guess by that reasoning, it shouldn't bother me to buy a Peavey (American brand) amp built in China.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
              I believe the Randall RM100 is made in china, I seem to recall seeing that when I had the chassis out of it.

Pete
              hmm...I don't think so. I could be wrong about it because I didn't really look for it on mine. But all of the MTS modules I had were made in the US.
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

The RM100 my friend owns is made in China.

Comment

no matter how much you try to buy American, some part will always come from somewhere else.

My dad had a Jeep Wrangler a couple years ago, and he went on and on about how it was made in America untill he saw the parts. Countless parts were made in Mexico, Canada, China, etc... I thinkt here may have even been a Russian part or two.

As for the Peavey head... were you looking at the Windsor or the Valveking? I got the Vk and I'm really happy with it so far.
                  "Better to Die Quickly Fighting on Your Feet
                  Than to Live Forever Begging on You Knees."-LoG

R.I.P.
                  Dimebag Darrell
                  Chuck Schuldiner
                  Cliff Burton

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                    hmm...I don't think so. I could be wrong about it because I didn't really look for it on mine. But all of the MTS modules I had were made in the US.
                    Ditto on the modules, but I could have sworn I saw something about China when I dropped the chassis. It's four bolts and I don't have mine anymore, have a look and prove me wrong.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                      If you are reading this post... you already bought, paid for and are using alot of Chinese made products. YOUR PC!!!!

+1, just look around your home and tell me how many things are made in America..........
                      "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

I really don't like the Chinese production thing.If a brand is American,it should produce in America.The Chinese made products are piles of crappy plastic,usually.
                        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

I tried out a Valve King at GC, and it sounded good to me, but I don't like that the effects loop isn't switchable. If I need a footswitch to change channels AND cables running back and forth to my delay pedal, I might as well just keep using my current pedal setup with a power amp. Oh well.

Maybe if I can score a ridiculous deal...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MEX3 View Post
                            I buy USA when ever I can. My rig is all USA as far as I know. I would buy used USA stuff over crap made in China every day of the week. You won't find much in the way of USA made products at Target or Walmart because they dictate the price of the goods they sell. The manufacturers have no option but to take the the jobs overseas if they want those stores to carry their products. You can still buy Made in the USA clothing in the twin cities area at www.unionhouse.com
                            Just thought I'd plug the USA made clothing.
                            Do you have a tube amp? If so, unless you bought NOS USA stock, your tubes are from either China, Russia or Eastern Europe.

My view on China is, we can either trade with them, or fight a world war with them. Which would you prefer?
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
                              Ditto on the modules, but I could have sworn I saw something about China when I dropped the chassis. It's four bolts and I don't have mine anymore, have a look and prove me wrong.

Pete
                              If Tim 's says China, you probably won't hear back from him.... and thebisch's experience corroborates too.
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                                If Tim 's says China, you probably won't hear back from him.... and thebisch's experience corroborates too.
                                I'm not sure what you were trying to say there but I have no way of verifying mine - I no longer own it. As I said, I didn't ever look to see where mine was made, just that the modules all said Made in USA and I only now that because they were pretty big stickers relative to the size of the modules. At this point I would guess my RM100 was also made in China.
                                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                                X