Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying Chinese amps - a question of principle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Racerx2k View Post

Dude, cart your lanky ass down to the corner store and buy yourself a REAL set of balls.
    Wow, you really know how to make a guy feel good about himself. Nobody has called me lanky in over 20 years. Sadly, you couldn't be farther from the truth (as per usual).

As for balls. You got yours at the corner store? WTF? Me, I was born with and have nurtured mine to glorious beasts that they are now.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
      Wow, you really know how to make a guy feel good about himself. Nobody has called me lanky in over 20 years.
      It was a typo; he meant "flanky"!
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
        It was a typo; he meant "flanky"!
        and your priest calls you "spanky"

- Newc

Comment

Wow, you really know how to make a guy feel good about himself. Nobody has called me lanky in over 20 years. Sadly, you couldn't be farther from the truth (as per usual).

As for balls. You got yours at the corner store? WTF? Me, I was born with and have nurtured mine to glorious beasts that they are now.
          Sooooo, what you are saying is that your name is ACTUALLY HippoTim?
          I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by Racerx2k View Post
            Sooooo, what you are saying is that your name is ACTUALLY HippoTim?
            No, what I'm saying is that you are ACTUALLY a douchebag.

- Newc

Comment

and your priest calls you "spanky"
              And your point?
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I know Peavey had a few issues with the chinese Valve King stuff at first, as well as Vox with the Chinese AC30 but there is a period of time to work the bugs out normally. my biggest concern with the Chinese stuff is the quality of the components, cheap resistors, pots, switches, speakers ,etc, you know all this stuff is the cheapest they can get
                I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

No, what I'm saying is that you are ACTUALLY a douchebag.
                  Whatever you say, monkey-spunk.
                  I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by FusionFarmer View Post
                    I know Peavey had a few issues with the chinese Valve King stuff at first, as well as Vox with the Chinese AC30 but there is a period of time to work the bugs out normally. my biggest concern with the Chinese stuff is the quality of the components, cheap resistors, pots, switches, speakers ,etc, you know all this stuff is the cheapest they can get
                    Cheaper than US made? sure - or probably - there are probably Chinese components in US-made amps too. But I imagine the components in the ValveKing and the Randall RM100 are probably a lot better than what's in, say, a Madison Divinity (are they still trying to claim those are USA made? ) or a B-52. There's cheap, then there's cheapest of the cheap. Even in China, they'll use what the manufacturer specs, and the manufacturers I'm sure pull some our at random to make sure they aren't using stuff that's below spec.

Of course, all of my amps are USA-made. The newest one is 10 years old too, and all working great at this point, so it's sort of an academic question for me.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

get an old pearce or a vanous evolution

Comment

Working...
                      X