• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vetta - same as JG
    Soldano Astroverb - like a JCM 800 but better sounding
    Fender Twin - Best cleans I've ever heard

Honorable mention - Mesa Single Recto, just a great amp for palm muting

Comment

Cool Matt, Ohio State..Yeah, those Tung Sols really put the Uber on steroids. I was worried I wouldn't like them when I ordered a set of six matching for $126 shipped..but I would do it again!!

The Tung Sols are a big part of my tone and had to adjust all my settings to those..but I still keep the gain dimed!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

1. Roland Jazz Chorus 120 - Theres a reason why its design has never changed.
        2. Soldano Hot Rod 50 - Simple amp for my simple brain.
        3. Randall XP Series - Great low end.............

Comment

VHT Deliverance!
          Ampeg V4
          hmmm... fender champ for #3

Comment

From what I own
            1. Carvin X100b (1992)
            2. Carvin XV112 (1x12 combo of the X100b)
            3. Fender Champ

From what I've owned
            1. Carvin X100b (1992)
            2. Mesa Mark IV
            3. Roland JC-120

The Carvin just rocks, great cleans, great gain, and very versitile. It's not ultra high gain but I still like it. I keep trying to find a new high gain amp but keep coming back to this one. It should be noted however that amp selection in my area kinda sucks.

Comment

Well, I like to collect guitars, but tend to settle on a one amp setup that works for me. And it took A LONG time and a lot of wasted money to finally get my Soldano SLO100. I live in an area where I pretty much have to order something "blind" from far away and try it out. And I sure went through the gear. I know there are other great amps out there, but for me, when I plug in,,,,,this is the sound I've always been after, and this amp delivers EVERYTIME. IF I had to choose a second, I'd go with the SOldano HR-50+ I used to own, and before that..............well, way way back, I came close to settling with an ADA mp-1 through a Sovtek Mig50 one channel head. In between MANY valve Marshalls, a couple Peaveys, etc..... But nothing comes close to the SLO for me. And what a relief!

Comment

Working...
              X