KRANK Distortus Maximus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KRANK Distortus Maximus

So anyone has a Krank here ?? (i dont have one - but i am planning to buy one) and i need an opinion of msomeone that used one/ has one
    Thanks

Uh oh...

Comment

I certainly don't like 'em..my freind at GC who's Ripper's guitarist was with me..who was actually laughing when I asked "am I doing something wrong here???!!! "...

I couldn't waite to try one...I don't need to investigate that one any further...yeesh.

The Peavey JSX sitting right next to it absolutely destroyed it in every way..from clean to BRUTAL!!

I own a Uberschall..I do brutal right!!

I don't care for Rectos or DSLs..owned both.

But I would grab those to do a gig before a Krank..

That's where I stand on them.

If you own one and like it..cool, more power to ya..you go boyeeeeee..

Bill Z Bub
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bill, the Distortus Maximus is a pedal.
        Get the guaranteed best price on Distortion & Overdrive Effects Pedals like the Krank Distortus Maximus Distortion Pedal at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on thousands of items.

Personally, I'd go with an AMT Extreme III pedal and be done with it. It's better, and less expensive.
        Get the guaranteed best price on Distortion & Overdrive Effects Pedals like the AMT Electronics Extreme III Guitar Effects Pedal at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on thousands...
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Oh the pedal..oh,

I don't need any stinkin' pedals...I have a Uberschall..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

As i play a lot of FEAR FACTORY .. and Christian there is using KRANK amps (which i cannot afford...) so i thought about the Distortus....
            I'll check some more pedals... and i'll have to find that extreme III....

Thanks for the help

Comment

Haven't used the pedal, but the amp is very....um....unique.

Definitely try out the pedal before buying.
              Scott

Comment

My favorite players lately are Jeff Loomis and The Amotts..both Krank endorsed. Both not playing Kranks live anymore..

Jeff was using his Recto when recently Vit G saw them..Arch Enemy were using the Peaveyson their last DVD release ..

My conviction..it's about money..I played the Kranenstein for some time..yeesh!!

Fear Factory sounded killer when they were using what they used to record their classic stuff ..Marshall JCM 800s..

I LOVE Deathclock too man..I taped all of them!!!

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                  My favorite players lately are Jeff Loomis and The Amotts..both Krank endorsed. Both not playing Kranks live anymore..
                  Krank is a local company here is AZ, so they offer pretty good deals for local bands to play there gear. (Not free, but discounted heavily). A couple buddies of mine have taken them up on the deal.
                  One runs his POD XT into it and the other uses a Rocktron rack thingy....

Both bypass the Preamp all the way........:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
                  "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

DETHKLOK DETHKLOK!

I <3 Murderface, Taki and Sviegel
                    "Better to Die Quickly Fighting on Your Feet
                    Than to Live Forever Begging on You Knees."-LoG

R.I.P.
                    Dimebag Darrell
                    Chuck Schuldiner
                    Cliff Burton

Comment

Nathan Explosion-vox, Toki-rythm, Swissgar-lead, Murderface-bass and Pickles-drums...

Comment

I own a Krank Distortus Maximus as well as a Krank amp. The pedal is what got me to buy the amp. I figured if the pedal sounds this good, I gotta try there amps.The Pedal is fantastic and well built.
                        Go check one out. I still have mine.

Dan

Comment

Swissgar! dammit, I always say Sviegal for some reason...

the season finale had to be the best one ever...
                          "Better to Die Quickly Fighting on Your Feet
                          Than to Live Forever Begging on You Knees."-LoG

R.I.P.
                          Dimebag Darrell
                          Chuck Schuldiner
                          Cliff Burton

Comment

I have tried it. It sounds like Korn and every other band that wears skateboard shoes, camo shorts, has a facial piercing, a goatee and bends over like they are taking one for the team on stage.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Kabong View Post
                              I have tried it. It sounds like Korn and every other band that wears skateboard shoes, camo shorts, has a facial piercing, a goatee and bends over like they are taking one for the team on stage.

Well the one I played certainly squealed like a pig..and I wasn't even fuggin' it.

I don't do pedals..it blashemy unless it's a Marshall JCM 800, old Fender or some shit like that..

Why spend the money for a high dollar , "high gain" TUBE ampe..just to throw some $50 transistor fuzz at it..I don't get it..

Fuggit, save the money for a vesectomy and by a POD..

Comment

Working...
                              X