Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boss GT-8 Effects floor unit..Anyone use it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss GT-8 Effects floor unit..Anyone use it?

Well... I bought one. The audio quality is outstanding compared to my 10 year old RP-`12
    Some very cool sounds inside. Ive already made a bunch of User presets, and im sure
    i havent even begun to open her up? Seems to be allot of info over on the BOSSGTFORUM
    also, so this is a plus. Thanks for the replies guys!
    Last edited by Robert Burns; 01-11-2007, 09:23 PM.

allow me to introduce you to the search function, robert. Seriously, do a search and you should find all sorts of threads. I love mine. Best feature is using it with an amp that has an fx loop - then you can change the order of the amp's preamp with the effects - in other words, you can put your wah and overdrives in FRONT of the amp, and your delays and choruses BEHIND it. Or turn off the host amps' preamp and use a GT8 model. Nifty stuff!

Pete

Pete

Comment

im not up to speed on the gt8,i run a gt6 not real sure of the differences between the two but i love my 6.i run it with an ada mp-1 pre amp into the effects loop of my jcm 900.had mine for about 4years now and its never missed a beat.
      my kids go without food so i can collect guitars

Comment

Another happy GT8 user here!
        JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

I love the GT-8. I use it with my JSX like Pete does and also play it direct at church. I had one about 1 year ago and I thought that it was way too complicated. But now, after working with my new one for a few weeks, it really ISN'T that complex. It just has a ton of options and flexibility.

I just ordered one of the new Atomic Reactor 112-50s for it as well.

Comment

I'm pretty happy with my GT-8, too. Though, I don't use it as much as I should. I need to dig into it more again.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i have mine hooked up to my Micro Cube (poor mans Vetta II).
              ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

About half the board seems to own a GT-8.
                I don't care for them myself... Digitech is where it's at!
                -Rick

Comment

I own a GT 8 and as cool as it is, I don't think it sounds all that good. I own a tube and with a killer clean channel and a kick ass drive channel with lead boost channel. The gt8 changed my tone to the point that I didn't like y drive channel anymore.
                  The effects are awesome and what you can do with it is the best man. You can set up things called patches anyway you want, save them and step one button and recall your total setting. It's what I was looking for coming for all pedals. Not I'm considering going back as I don't use my GT 8 anymore. I'm probably going to sell it soon.

For me I love everything about the GT 8 except the sound quality. Really the actual effects sound great but what happens in my rig is it alters my amps tone to something I don't like. I'm anal with my tone so my opnion of the GT 8 maybe different then many others. If It had the ability to play my amps tone exaclty the way it is, then add in the effects as I see fit then I would never sell the GT8. It has everything I will ever need. I'm alittle upset about that as well.

Comment

Pete adds his typical disclaimer regarding different amps and their effect loops. You can blame the effect, or the amp. I found some amps that hated the GT8, some that it worked well with. For that reason I'm going to go with the fact that some amps have fx loops that don't work well with effects.

FYI, mine sounds great with my JSX, and a internet buddy ran his with a Diezel Herbert and a VHT 50/CL and he says they sounded great with it. Gives me hope for the future, since I just bought another VHT

Pete

Comment

Search?? Heck im gettin so old, that i forgot

that i had already read that thread further down the page 3 days before!
                      Doh! Sorry...i shouldnt have used up more bandwidth, but thanks guys
                      for the replies. I would use the GT-8 direct into the front input of the
                      DSL -2000 50wt. As ive heard that the Effects loop on the new marshalls
                      stinks, and sucks about a 1/3rd of the tone. Im not using my red B' channel anyway, as ive found that with my RP-12 old Digitech floor unit,
                      the "A" classic crunch channel is the bomb! The Heavy Gain red channel
                      seems too muddy to me. Thanks again guys for more follow-ups on
                      this. I'll probably buy one tomorrow. :-)

Comment

Hey buddy here is a lil' trick I use with my Marshall DSL50 and my GT8:

Before getting my GT8, I was mostly using my DSL50 as a one channel amp, rolling my guitar volume when I wanted a clean sound. So last evening, I set-up my GT8 and DSL50 with the 4 cables method and created a patch with a "volume send" of the FX loop set to "2%"... You read it right, "2" - (PLEASE NOTE: 4 or 6 could do the job depending on the gain you are using on the channel of your amp).

That way, it's like I've rolled down the volume on my guitar but with a simple foot click!!! Add some reverb and chorus or any other FX you would like and voilà!!! It's easy to go from your amp with full disto to a not too bad clean with a simple foot click!

Now, if your clean tone sounds a bit too quiet compared to your disto, just boost your patch level. Is that easy or what?

Another cool thing is to put the OD/disto in front of the loop in your FX chain. That way you can push your amp's preamp with one of the GT8's OD/disto.

Your mileage may vary but if you have a one channel amp with a serie FX loop and if you like the sound of your amp, well, you can use a GT8 with it and go easily from disto to clean. Just try it out.

Some of you may ask why not simply use the preamps in the GT8... Well, I like the way my DSL50 sounds, so for me, if it ain't broke, why fix it!
                        JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

I was running in stereo with JCM 900 and Mesa Boogie DC-3. Now I run it through 2 Mackie SRM 450 PA Speakers (Flat Response/ Full Range) and it smokes.
                          "What's all this lying around shit!!" - Bluto

Comment

Working...
                          X