Bought a new amp tonight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a new amp tonight!

...a VHT 50/CL. I had one a few years back (around 2000 or so) and really dug it, but it didn't have a dedicated clean channel... and the music I was playing at the time didn't need the aggressive growl of a VHT.

With the 4 cable method on my GT8, I can set up a clean patch with GT8's preamp, and use the two VHT channels for different flavors of grind, so the clean channel issue won't be a big deal. Hell, I doubt I play more than 10 minutes total at a typical gig with a clean tone anyways!

Here in a few weeks I'll have a nice JSX vs 50/CL thread. The 50/CL was the best high gain amp I'd ever had up to the time I sold it... and I've had the JSX happily for well over a year, maybe closer to two... hard to remember. Should be very interesting. Near boutiquey production amp vs Chevy style production amp.

Pete

Killer Pete, looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Comment

Congratulations Pete...50 CL is a killer amp. I love mine too.
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

congrats pete, definitely looking forward to your jsx/vht comparison!

Comment

I remember when you had the VHT and were constantly singing its praises. I was surprised when you got rid of it.

I'll be looking forward to reading this.

Are those pretty pricey new?

Comment

Cool Pete..you read my spin on both amps not long ago..

You know my stance..

Both great amps with awesome tone.
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
              I remember when you had the VHT and were constantly singing its praises. I was surprised when you got rid of it.

I'll be looking forward to reading this.

Are those pretty pricey new?
              Musician's Friend sells them without EQ and Reverb for $1995, $2495 list I think. At the time I couldn't afford much more than a live rig for the band I was in, so if I couldn't use it live I couldn't really keep it. I always regretted selling that amp.

Pete

Comment

I bought my 50/CL w/EQ+REV for $900 on eBay a few years back
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                  I bought my 50/CL w/EQ+REV for $900 on eBay a few years back
                  I bought my first one for $700! The music store didn't know what the hell it was.

Pete

Comment

I look forward to the review too.

Comment

Same here!

Comment

I think I know what the review results will be..

Let's see..Pete and I always seem to be on the same page with this shit.
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                        X