Bogner Ubershall Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogner Ubershall Owners

Would a first (older model) versions be better than the newer versions, blue etc.? I haven't played one yet, so I don't know the differences.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

I guess I have a older version..it's a early 2002 model..I dunno.

I haven't heard the new ones being worse or better.. my freind is getting a Bogner deal (Uber) ..I'll ask him next time we meet or talk.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
      my friend is getting a Bogner deal (Uber)
      Geez, Bill, do you have to mention this in every post?
      Scott

Comment

Tone wise what I was told the difference between blue and the older is thisl The blue revision has a little less gain and the gain knob is more useible, meaning you can get more in between tones.

You want a good review goto the marshall forum and check out wiz's review, I am not sure if he did one on this board, but check out there other amp section and do a search for bogner. Wiz owned both versions and liked the blue better.

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
        Would a first (older model) versions be better than the newer versions, blue etc.? I haven't played one yet, so I don't know the differences.

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
          Geez, Bill, do you have to mention this in every post?
          Well, its what's happening right now in my little circle..and not many have Ubers..or getting them.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by siggy14 View Post
            Tone wise what I was told the difference between blue and the older is thisl The blue revision has a little less gain and the gain knob is more useable, meaning you can get more in between tones.

You want a good review goto the marshall forum and check out wiz's review, I am not sure if he did one on this board, but check out there other amp section and do a search for bogner. Wiz owned both versions and liked the blue better.
            Less gain??

I'm out..

I max my gain ..the gain on mine is 100% usable..I could post a clip, but it's been posted for some time in the MP3 section...there is a "level check" where I play a butchered version of eruption called "corruption"..I didn't know it was recording..it's on the first page..half way down..if I knew, I would have played for keeps.

That clip is bone dry Uber with the gain full up..recorded with a old Tascam 4 track w/ crappy mics

that preamp tube upgrade gave me more gain...Boy Bill, do I have to mention that everytime too??..

well, this is about Ubers right...I had mine and tinkered with it for a long while now. I think I know what I'm talking about??

I don't rely on any reveiew other than my own seat time and experience with an amp. I milked the best tone I could from it in 4+ with it. The ONLY way I get that tone is with the gain dimed..if a reviewer don't dime their gain..their opinion is useless to me right off the bat..

I bought a Uber to get the most brutal tone I could get..and got it!!

John G stated it was one of the best Uber clips he's heard..

It's not over saturated at all , you can actually hear my pick attack!!!

Bill Z Bub
            Last edited by horns666; 01-09-2007, 01:29 PM.

Comment

OK, This is a mic "level check" and oblivious tape was rolling. My bud just said "just play something"..so I did. This is my main sound to the demo. The Uberschall in the raw, dry with the gain MAXED. He added echo and stuck it on the demo as a surprise that pud..

Please, I'm not playing for keeps and I just pulled the guitar from the case..just gettin' a level check here..I play better than this!!

I'm posting this a Uber sound clip ONLY..the gain is maxed..I repeat the gain is 100% MAXED!!

recorded with a Tascam 4trk cassestte..

http://clevelandmetalzone.com/evilut...corruption.mp3

Comment

From what I've been able to discern....

The rev. blue has an improved gain taper for better (yes that is subjective) inbetween tones. It has tons of gain - not sure if it is less than older versions or not.

I've heard older versions have a boomier low end too.

BTW - I own a rev. blue. I run the gain at 50 - 75% with a clean boost to tighten the low end. And I'm not getting a Bogner deal.

Comment

Thanks for the insight. I'm wondering, can you get the 80's metal and Classic rock tones out of the Uber. I'm not interested in the modern super high gain sound. Would I be better off with a XTC?
                  Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by mhenson42 View Post
                    From what I've been able to discern....

The rev. blue has an improved gain taper for better (yes that is subjective) inbetween tones. It has tons of gain - not sure if it is less than older versions or not.

I've heard older versions have a boomier low end too.

BTW - I own a rev. blue. I run the gain at 50 - 75% with a clean boost to tighten the low end.
                    Mine does, and has much more "boom" with the Tung Sols 12ax7s..

I posted a "jack off" clip above with the stock JJ's..just to give an "idea" what the lead tone sounds like with the gain full up!!

Comment

Thanks for the insight. I'm wondering, can you get the 80's metal and Classic rock tones out of the Uber. I'm not interested in the modern super high gain sound. Would I be better off with a XTC?

Like I said, you can NOT get any more gain from the clip I posted with a STOCK uber..the gain is all the way up..listen and see.

Yes, the playing sucks ass..it's just a level check ..if I knew it was recording I'd playing something better!!

Comment

^cool. I'll check out your clip tonight. I don't have sound on my work computer.

Comment

The XTC is defintly the best for 80's metal and rock. but the uber does take pedals really well.

Comment

Originally posted by mhenson42 View Post
                            ^cool. I'll check out your clip tonight. I don't have sound on my work computer.
                            +1, I'm in the same boat

Comment

+1, I'm in the same boat

I dunno, I do Van Halen with mine all the time..

That clip is my METAL tone on my demo..it's bone dry, no effects. If I backed off the gain to 50% and add delays, phaser and verb..it''ll do it without a doubt...I KNOW this!

It sounds more like Van Halen than any of the five 5150s I've owned..for sure!!

My Marshall rack NAILS the classic 80's and VH big time..I got JMP-1 VH tribute clips too..so.

Comment

Working...
                              X