X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My lamp is green...
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
      My lamp is green...
      As is mine, and I LIKE it that way!

Comment

Originally posted by Rayneman View Post
        As is mine, and I LIKE it that way!

Me too..I just played it for an hour and a half..this amp OWNS!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
          this amp OWNS!!
          +1

Comment

Originally posted by mhenson42 View Post
            +1

SWEET!!

Ya gotta love 'em..

Bill Z Bub

Comment

Bill Z - I thoroughly enjoyed the clip! What cab/speakers is that recorded through? I've read your JSX review too. How close could the JSX get to sounding like this clip?

Comment

Originally posted by catzodellamarina View Post
                Bill Z - I thoroughly enjoyed the clip! What cab/speakers is that recorded through? I've read your JSX review too. How close could the JSX get to sounding like this clip?

Well, The uber is "heavier" right off the batand something most places don't stock..but the JSX is damn good..if I didn't have the Uber I'd prolly have a JSX...it has the right kind of gain I require, all usable, warm and smooth..you can do classic VH with both..but ballsier...especially the Uber.

two different animals really..both very good..one cost twice as much new..

Comment

What about the cab?

I see your point that if the Uber sounds that rich at 11, it can certainly fill all other rock or metal tastes dialed in at less. Your clip & explaination does a better salesjob than Bogner's site. I'm feeling some GAS buildup.

BTW - do you use any FX live?

Comment

Originally posted by catzodellamarina View Post
                    What about the cab?

I see your point that if the Uber sounds that rich at 11, it can certainly fill all other rock or metal tastes dialed in at less. Your clip & explaination does a better salesjob than Bogner's site. I'm feeling some GAS buildup.

BTW - do you use any FX live?
                    Being that clip was gain maxed, yes it certainly can be tamed to cover alot of sonic ground other than just metal. I use a G Major and that's it..just a tad of delay for rythm..you can barely notice it , a boosted lead program with a little more delay, and a octaver lead setting I like to use with my 535Q wah like Mike Amott does..I dig how he uses that sound...I don't have his "feel" but I'm working on that.

Comment

Excellent! I use a G-Major too. Do you use the channel switching feature with a 1/4 stereo cable from your Uber f/s out to the G? I've heard Xtacy's here but nobody has an Uber. Thank again for the awesome tone clip.

Comment

I don't switch channels..

The Uber could be a single channel amp as far as I'm concerned. It has a very nice clean tone but my music doesn't require it..

Comment

Hey Bill;

Yeah, the Uber is more than capable of doing all the 80's stuff. I don't back the bass all the way off just because I think my own playing style tends to sound a bit thin so a little bass works for me. Anyway, the Uber gets a rep for killer high gain but the clean channel is extremely nice sounding as well. The last couple gigs we even did Dream Theater's Pull Me Under and I used my EBMM Petrucci with piezo through the clean channel for the begining of that song. The rest of the night I was using my Jacksons as well as Charvel EVH
                          The clips of the Uber on Bogner's website are pretty good. I especially like the sound on the clip done by Jack Frost.

Rudy
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                            Hey Bill;

Yeah, the Uber is more than capable of doing all the 80's stuff. I don't back the bass all the way off just because I think my own playing style tends to sound a bit thin so a little bass works for me. Anyway, the Uber gets a rep for killer high gain but the clean channel is extremely nice sounding as well. The last couple gigs we even did Dream Theater's Pull Me Under and I used my EBMM Petrucci with piezo through the clean channel for the begining of that song. The rest of the night I was using my Jacksons as well as Charvel EVH
                            The clips of the Uber on Bogner's website are pretty good. I especially like the sound on the clip done by Jack Frost.

Rudy
                            www.wickedrocks.com

I told Jack about the Uberschall at the first BW & BK concert..he was using Savage 120s and Powerballs at the time...nice dude, we talked for quite a while.

I was sorta joking about backing off the lows..The Uberschall actually does 80's metal TOO good..they WISHED they had this tone back then..

My Marshall rack does 80's metal to the T's.

"Pull me Under"..yeah, I could see that no problem..

Comment

I've talked to Jack at NAMM before. Seems like a nice guy. A few years ago I ran into him checking out the Egnater amps. I also bought a used custom shop Kelly that was his, it was purple, I had to have it
                              Pull Me Under is real interesting to do in a bar. 90% of the people there are just lost when it comes to that song but the other 10%, mostly musicians, can't believe we even attempt it :Cool:

Rudy
                              Rudy
                              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                              X