Help me decide: JSX, Stiletto or Vetta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robotechnology View Post
    To be honest with you, I don't really like my POD XT Live. I only like the Vetta II because I spent 40 minutes tweaking two presets to my liking (EJ & Satch ones). Without being able to mix two amptones at the same time, I wouldn't like Vetta's either. Since you can mix 2 amps, I like it.

Me too Ivan. The 2 amps at once is what does it for me. I also like the double tracker and the wah package.

Comment

Do you guys trade patches at all, or upload them to the Line 6 site or anything?

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
        Do you guys trade patches at all, or upload them to the Line 6 site or anything?
        If you want patches.. just email me. The only rules are that you have to be using the 2 amps at once feature. If you have a head.. you need 2 cabinets. If its a combo.. your ok.

Comment

Thanks, that would be great. I would like to eventually get another cab, but my 1960A 4x12 can be run in stereo. Wouldn't that allow me to use the 2 amps at once feature?

Comment

Thanks, that would be great. I would like to eventually get another cab, but my 1960A 4x12 can be run in stereo. Wouldn't that allow me to use the 2 amps at once feature?
            Yes, as long as you can plug into the vetta speaker outs left and right you are all set.

Comment

Cool. Thanks!

Comment

I don't think you have to be running in stereo to use the two amps at once feature either. It's been awhile since I owned my Vetta, so if I'm wrong, don't crucify me.

Pete

Comment

All right, I just took the plunge and bought a Vetta II head!

Now I wait and hope it gets here in working order (I previously bought a Vetta combo that was DOA - but it wasn't the amp's fault. It was packed in an enormous box with padding on one end only - nevertheless, it was a negative experience for me overall, so here's hoping this one gets here OK).

Comment

congrats!

I love mine.
                    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Now I wait and hope it gets here in working order (I previously bought a Vetta combo that was DOA - but it wasn't the amp's fault. It was packed in an enormous box with padding on one end only - nevertheless, it was a negative experience for me overall, so here's hoping this one gets here OK).
                      Good luck with the Vetta man, if it doesn't work out, I say go pickup the JSX. After my experience with it today, I found it's a very nice amp and surprisingly flexible. I was very cool with it and I would own it myself. You could play many different kinds of music with it. read my thead if you get a chance .

Again Good luck with your new amp. Looks like alot of fun

Dan

Comment

Thanks, Dan. I am definitely still interested in checking out a JSX if I can find one. We do have some Peavey dealers around here, but they don't carry the JSX. The next time I visit a bigger city, I'll be on the lookout for an opportunity to try one.

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
                          I don't think you have to be running in stereo to use the two amps at once feature either. It's been awhile since I owned my Vetta, so if I'm wrong, don't crucify me.

Pete

You can do 2 amps at once in mono but then you can't take advantage of the double tracker. Panning a different amp left and right with the added double tracker is what the Vetta is all about IMHO of course...

Comment

Congratz... if you have any questions.. PM me. You should also check out The Institute of Noise, Vettaville and the Line 6 message board.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                              You can do 2 amps at once in mono but then you can't take advantage of the double tracker. Panning a different amp left and right with the added double tracker is what the Vetta is all about IMHO of course...
                              I never used the double tracker, but sometimes I gigged with an open back 2x12 and a sealed 4x12. Cleans went to the 2x12, overdrive tones went to the 4x12. It was pretty great sounding... I also used to fade between the two with a pedal so I didn't have 'abrupt' channel changes. There's a ton of different ways to use one of these amps, which was one of the biggest things that appealed to me.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
                                I never used the double tracker, but sometimes I gigged with an open back 2x12 and a sealed 4x12. Cleans went to the 2x12, overdrive tones went to the 4x12. It was pretty great sounding... I also used to fade between the two with a pedal so I didn't have 'abrupt' channel changes. There's a ton of different ways to use one of these amps, which was one of the biggest things that appealed to me.

Pete

I use an open and a closed back cab too. The double tracker changes the dynamics and the timing of the 2 amp models. It makes the stereo spread sound HUGE. I also use one of the FBV pedals for volume solo boost.
                                There are so many different ways to set the rig up.

Comment

Working...
                                X