Carvin 4x12 cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin 4x12 cab

Landed a clean Carvin 4x12 cab with the 100 watt G12's.
    Nice speakers if you want a CLEAN tone but I think V30's or 75W greenbacks would be better choice.Nice solid cab tho' Anyone else have one of these?
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

got pics?...

I have 2 carvin cabs, but they are older cabs,one from 78 and one from 82
    the 82 has celestion sidewinders, and the 78 has the stock carvin magnalab speakers........great cabs,,, solid enough to survive a war

MOSH ON
    DAVE
    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

I used to have 2 Carvin V212 cabs. Light and yet still well made but, the Eminence mad BR12 speakers just weren't for me (too bright and too little bottom). The cabs were REALLY cool though... preferred them over ADA splitstacks.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Camera is down at the moment.This is a birch ply cab and built like a tank.Made in USA on the back. It has a stereo switch on the back and is labeled 400 watt.I guess its maybe 4 or 5 years old.Metal grill.BTW its the bottom cab not a slant.I hooked my Jackson JG-3 100 watt head to it and it is smokin hot.very mid range at the moment I think maybe a lower wattage speaker will give me more low end.

Comment

My first real 412 (after a series of homemade plywood attempts) was a brand new Carvin in 94'. It had the BR's and the carpet-style covering. The only thing that sucked was no casters. I traded it for a SR-15? drum machine.

Comment

those sidewinders are awesome

Comment

I have an '87 with the 75 Watt Celstions in it. I have the whole X-100B half stack. I love that amp; it sounds absolutely fantastic to me.
              Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

I have a pair of the V212s and a X-Series straight 412 and really like them!

I A/B'ed the Carvin 412 with a Marshall 1960B Classic with the Greenback reissues, and liked the Carvin cabinet better, so I sold the Marshall. They are great cabs!
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I love my 1988 Carvin X100B Head, tolex and EL34`s I should look for a matching cab, preferably with the G12T-75`s!! I like the Carvin stuff. Jack.

Comment

I'm warming up to it slowly. Cranked it pretty hard today and it sounds very mid range at vol.I wish it had more bottom end.

Comment

Working...
                    X