Boss GT-6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss GT-6

Heres the deal: I can get one of these dirt cheap at a local store. Are they worth it? Or should I just save for a GT-8? Also cant you use these with a Roland Midi pickup or am I mistaken?
    Last edited by CharvelRocker; 01-14-2007, 03:16 PM.

Jgcable is the resident expert on the Gt-6 and GT-8, but I recall him saying nice things about the GT-6.

If the price is better than they go for on Ebay, then get it and use it while you save for a GT-8. I'm sure the learning curves are similar, so working with it will probably help you prepare for a GT-8.

Then, either sell it when you're close to getting a GT-8, or keep it for your backup.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

The GT-6 is great. The GT-8 is greater.

It has no provisions for a midi pickup.

Dirt cheap for a GT-6 is around $175.00

Keep that in mind when you are shopping.

Comment

Living in apartments for the last 6 years I dont really own a real amp. I just run the Gt-6 into 2 studio monitors and keep it at a decent level as not to get evicted,heh. It sounds way better then any small combo amps I owned years ago. Plus the stereo effects sound great with the 2 monitors.

I tried out the Gt-8 abit but it didnt seem like it really had enough new features to make me wanna spend more money and do the upgrade. The only thing I really liked on it that was different was a backwards guitar effect, but then how often are you gonna use that?

It didnt even seem like there were any new distortions/ amp sims to me. Unless I was just missing something. You'd do just fine getting a much cheaper Gt-6.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
          The GT-6 is great. The GT-8 is greater.

It has no provisions for a midi pickup.

Dirt cheap for a GT-6 is around $175.00

Keep that in mind when you are shopping.
          He wants around that because the plastic cover over the screen is cracked slightly. I'm gonna pass then, since it doesnt have midi provisions. Out of interest then what is the midi input for on that?

BTW thanks for the help everyone!

Comment

The midi in and out are for computer hook up or for external midi controllers. It doesn't have midi synth capability.

Comment

I'm waiting for the gt-pro to come down in price.

joe...
              www.godwentpunk.com
              www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Originally posted by GodWentPUNK View Post
                I'm waiting for the gt-pro to come down in price.

joe...

Yea, the GT Pro is serious bucks.

Comment

Working...
                X