No announcement yet.

Engl Fireball reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found this clip of a fireball thru a mesa 2x12 at HC amp forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Fragle View Post
      we must have a TOTALLY different idea of a good guitar sound then.
      even my bandmates incl. the other guitar player agree that my cobra destroys the powerball, there is NO comparison. the cobra is tighter, smoother, more versatile, better clean channel, more articulate...more everything, really.

and one more thing...the blackmore sounds nothing like a mesa. seriously, NOTHING. the blackmore is much more in the ballpark of marshall, just way more scooped.

I guess we do

Regarding the Blackmore... I said Mesa Mark IV. I am not referring to any other Mesa! The Blackmore's 2nd channel in high lead mode and the Mark IV lead channel can DEFINITELY be dialed in similarly. I know because my friends and I did it. They were side by side and we were suprised but, there it was: My Mark IV and my friend's Blackmore sounding very similar (KILLER LEAD TONES!).

Dude, myself nor ANY of my local Friends like Cobras for lead tones. I can only hang with the Dragon for those. For death metal type rhythm sure, the Cobra is stellar but, for leads This is IMHO of course
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

really? because right now i like the cobra's lead tone better than it's rhythm tone....GAS is hittin hard right now it's just way difficult to find a better amp without spending a fortune

as for the mkIV vs blackmore...well, maybe you can get a similar LEAD tone....never tried that. but then again, i doubt i've ever dialed in a lead sound on a 2 channel (1 clean one distorted) amp. and for rhythm, i stand by my opinion that the blackmore does not sound like any mesa whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz666 View Post
          I was just at my Engl dealer this past Saturday picking something up...unfortunately I didn't have time to bring my axe and stay and check out the other amps, but they had every cab Engl made including the new XXL, they had a Blackmore, a Savage, Fireball, Special Edition, an Invader 150, the E580 preamp and a coupel other amps I didn't recognize. It was a trip being in that small room with all that gear....they had just received a shipment too from Germany...thay had about 20 boxes of heads and cabs they had to unpack too.
          I need to get back over there when I have some time and test drive it all.

- Joel
          Joel let me know next time you go up there we should meet up and maybe I can get my pickups LOL
          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Originally posted by Mordor View Post
            I found this clip of a fireball thru a mesa 2x12 at HC amp forum.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=651303
            That 3rd clip sounds great.

Comment

I have heard a ton of clips of this amp online and most of them sound great. Even the clean clips sound great. It sounds like a cross between a Rectifier and a high gain modded Marshall tone. I might have to sacrifice one of my Vetta's for it.

Comment

well, don't say you were not warned.....

Comment

Originally posted by Fragle View Post
                  well, don't say you were not warned.....
                  I have officially been warned. Caveat Emptor

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo View Post
                    Joel let me know next time you go up there we should meet up and maybe I can get my pickups LOL
                    Will do bro...I'd like to head up there sometime within the next couple months when I have some time to set aside and just test drive these amps/preamps for a while. LOL....the pickups are vintage pups now!
                    RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                    RIP Dime

Comment

Here's a clip I found on harmony central. Its a fireball with an eq in the loop thru a marshall cab.

Comment

I have an ENGL preamp that just sounds divine thru a Boogie 50/50, but I've looked into the back of ENGL heads, and they are made like ass. Look how the tube sockets are mounted. I expect more from an amp that is so costly. Tone-wise, I think ENGL makes some of the better metal sounds today. I'll still put my Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 against one any day.

Comment

Working...
                        X