Quick Blue Voodoo question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Blue Voodoo question

I won't ask you guys what you think of the Blue Voodoo. I read some threads about it and opinions varied, but a lot of shit-slinging was going on
    I'm wondering how the Blue Voodoo is for high gain playing..
    I'm looking at a 120w head and BV412S (4x12) cab.
    Can you pull off a fairly convincing metal sound on it? Something like Exodus, Megadeth etc., just typically thrash/heavy metal sounds.. Something to rock out loud to
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Yes
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
      Yes
      + 1
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks
        "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Megadeth used the Blue Voodoos for a time. although i believe Dave just used it as a poweramp for a seperate preamp, and marty used the amp itself.

IMO they arent that bad of an amp...not everyone's taste, but i could make it work if i needed to. and they can be modified as well. if you pick an older one up in good condition you can usually get them for cheap (<300 bucks) and then mod it and have a very nice amp for less than most amps new.
          My metal band Lucian Scott
          Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
          Available Now!
          New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

Yeah, I actually dig them, too. Crate gets a bad rap (and some of it IS justifiable, after some of the garbage they've put out, over the decades), but not all of their stuff is bad. Look at Peavey. Not all their stuff in the past was golden, but they've made a name for themselves in the years, past.
            I'm not Ron!

Comment

I don't recall Dave ever using Crate. It was only Marty - Dave was using VHT then, I believe.
              Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
                I don't recall Dave ever using Crate. It was only Marty - Dave was using VHT then, I believe.
                Dave used them as well...maybe not for long, but for a little while at least. but like i said it was as a poweramp only...Marty was using the whole amp though.
                My metal band Lucian Scott
                Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
                Available Now!
                New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

A Blue Voodoo will do metal. Its actually a pretty nice amp. Crate makes quality gear all around.

Comment

It sounds good but be sure to get a good cab with it. The Crate cab sounded horrible when I tried it out, but a simple switch to a Marshall cab fixed that.
                    Scott

Comment

The BV412S is the new Crate cab with the Celestions in it. Sounds really good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
                        The BV412S is the new Crate cab with the Celestions in it. Sounds really good to me.
                        I'm sure it does. The one I tried was cheap in price, cheap in build quality, and cheap in sound
                        Scott

Comment

Working...
                        X