Drum machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drum machines

I'm looking for one that can do different time signatures, and if possible can play polyrythms as well

I don't need some crazy thing that does a million things at once, just a good machine that has nice versatility ... my simple metronome can't handle all the things I want it to do hehe

any suggestions ?

I have a Boss DR880 and I realy dig it. It's hooked up with my pc so I can control it from here with midi. Zoom makes some nice drum machines too. The little one had some nice review. Check also the Alesis SR16.

Comment

i use a super old korg DDD-1. it is very flexible and it is so programmable that it will give you an instant headache. i use along with an alesis DM-5 to get more modern and better sounds.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I've got the new Akai MPC500, pricey but it's a bomb!

Comment

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...ine?sku=705531

The Alesis SR-16 looks pretty good, and it's under $200. Doesn't say if it does polyrhythms though.
          Scott

Comment

The SR-16 sounds like crap and is a pain to program. Part of why it's so cheap.
            See if you can find a Roland R-8. A good used one can be had for the same money as the SR-16, but it sounds 100x better.
            If not, go with the DR-880. Much better sound quality.
            -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
              The SR-16 sounds like crap and is a pain to program. Part of why it's so cheap.
              See if you can find a Roland R-8. A good used one can be had for the same money as the SR-16, but it sounds 100x better.
              If not, go with the DR-880. Much better sound quality.
              +1 The Roland R-8 Rhythm Composer still competes with anything out there. We still use it in the studio with drum triggers.

Comment

I use a Boss DR-5. great little box, i can control it from the computer, tap out or step record my paterns also has 3 more tracks of innst. that you can use,,,and you can download a program that will let you dump your songs and patterns and such to a computer so you can store it and start a new project then come back and work on it later.......cool stuff

MOSH ON
                DAVE
                "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

I program drums using software on my computer. I'm a big Fruityloops fan, it can do everything...You REALLY have to get into it and find out all of the little things like tempo changes/time signatures changes but it's not that hard, I even made a tutorial about it. It can't "technically" do straight up polyrhythms, but you can pull it off by changing the tempo and time signature, you just need to bust out the calculator and do a bit of math.

Comment

boss dr880 - sounds good - i;n no pro with it tho!

Comment

Working...
                    X