BUGERA amps?! Peavey clones?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BUGERA amps?! Peavey clones?!

Made in china 5150? Cheap valve amps are good, but ripping off other products is a no-no in my book.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of copies, but if you can build them cheaper and ebtter go for it. Too bad that philosophy is out-dated in this day in age. Still if the price is right, it may be worth a try...

Comment

Well, it does have reverb, but I love the "boutique style" LOL. Only the Chinese would think peavey was boutique. Can't wait for their 'rare bandit series'.

Pete

Comment

lol thats just sad

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, Behringer was using Bugera speakers in some of their newer 4x12 cabs, at one point.
          I'm not Ron!

Comment

Bugera = a Booger

Comment

Look where you get directed when you look for a price... suprised?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

So Bugera is the secret identity of Behringer!
                WTF? They crossed Bogner and Rivera to come up with a new brand name?!

Comment

Well, I guess they can be stiff competition for the other chinese tube amps like the Valvekings, Windsor, Randall RG50TH, Epiphone SoCal, the Madisons and so on. I mean, what could these end up at... around $500? I´m thinking they´re probably decent amps.

Comment

i just love how they added 1110 to a 5150

Well maybe for a practice amp ? wonder what the street price on those would be

OMG they've a JSX ripoff aswell
                    Last edited by skarhead; 01-19-2007, 05:52 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE= Only the Chinese would think peavey was boutique. Can't wait for their 'rare bandit series'.

Pete[/QUOTE]

ROTFLMAO!

theo

Comment

Just think of the money they saved on R & D.
                        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Comment

Well, since the 5150 is a Soldano ripoff, it's fitting that it be re-ripped off.

Comment

Considering their list prices are half the street price of the 6505 and the JSX, if the tone and quality is anywhere near comparable they will probably sell a bunch of them. Even if it's not they'll probably sell a fair amount to people who think it will be. Much like Behringer; some love 'em, some hate 'em, some accept the value/dollar tradeoff.
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X