No announcement yet.

BUGERA amps?! Peavey clones?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My experience with Behringer has been the lack of quality...My V-Amp 2 did the trick as far as tone goes but I could not rely on it...A friend who was a dealer had the Behringer stuff coming back in daily. At least they had a good return policy!

My guess is they sound decent but crap out in large numbers.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I'd rather Get a JSX, however if they are good they could be a decent backup....

Interesting though and yeah it isnt a suprise this is behringers tube attempt....

I'll check one out when they appear in stores....

Ozz

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
        Considering their list prices are half the street price of the 6505 and the JSX, if the tone and quality is anywhere near comparable they will probably sell a bunch of them. Even if it's not they'll probably sell a fair amount to people who think it will be. Much like Behringer; some love 'em, some hate 'em, some accept the value/dollar tradeoff.

What are the list prices?

Comment

Click on Sevser's link; the 6260 list is $589, I think the one that's the 5150II is like $639. The 333/JSX wasn't listed though. If you knocked those prices down $100 for street, that's pretty cheap - IF they're decently made.

I'd like to see Jerry at FJA get hold of one so he can check out the guts. I'm sure there will be SOME scary aspects, but if they're upgradeable without costing a fortune, who knows? But if someone can get, say the 333/JSX copy for the cost of a ValveKing and the build quality is comparable, these amps could take some of that budget market. Of course the association with Behringer is a two-edged sword...
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X